• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KENtucky, oops!
blush.gif

Please don't try this at home unless you are a Cub Nut!
Cub Cadet 149 $400
Engine/carburetor overhaul $510
New rear tires and rims $103
Decal kit $84
IH 3 point hitch $80
New seat $65
4 cans yellow...3 cans white $34.50
Hourmeter $25
New taillights $18
69118.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys!
It was a smoke belching, hydro jumping, Cat Yellow brush painted workhorse. It will get a 50" deck with Gators next spring and will back up the off topic tractors. Easy life!
69129.jpg

Jerry H
Nice Job!
Wait till you loose track on how much you spend on one...Then it will really be a hobby.
ihrotate.gif

Noel.
I added a pump and ran it off the front PTO, oil tank is mounted to additonal framework on the rear of the tractor.
If you look close you can see the hydraulic pump hoses leading up to the pump.
69132.jpg

I will try and get beter photos if you need them.

Jerry, where did you get paint for less than $5 a can? Is it official Cub yellow and white? My local MTD dealer gets $13 a can! You got a good deal on the tires/wheels too. Very nice!

Got some Cub time in today. Gave the field one last cut for the year. Usually have frost by now but it was in the 80's today. Went to an auction on Saturday and got some wheel weights and some chains. Brian L

Jerry H - The 149 looks great. Looks like the stock tread pattern on the rears. Post more shots.

Vincent - Is that the same 122 in all of the pics? I didn't realize the angle of the headlight effects the direction of the beam.

Jerry, very nice job on that cub, looks good as new! Its amazing that a 30+ yr tractor can come back to its original glory for that amount of $$. If you went to Lowes or somewhere else to buy a plowing,tilling,mowing etc etc tractor it would be 3 x that price and never last for 30+ yrs. I guess thats why we love these tough machines.

Last?? hehe prolly not cause I want to be

Early saterday afternoon Charlie posted some words about getting ready for the up comming snow season.
Well if you look close in the last photo you can see the front of the snowthrower attached to my 127 awaiting for the white stuff to plie up.
It was put on the 127 the last time the temps around thses parts was in the low 80's.

Jerry H.,
Your 149 is SWEET!
thumbsup.gif

Why do you plan to only use it to, "...back up the off topic tractors..."?
confused.gif

Why not make it your 'first string player' in your 'lawn-sawing squad'?
Shift.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Question on plow setup.

The following pictures show the plow setup on my 149. I set the plow first by the method seen below in the garage. Left side up 5" high. The landside was set to about 1" off the floor. The photo shows about 3" after field adjustments to improve depth.

69146.jpg

69147.jpg

The problem seems that the plow does not go deep enough. The landside is often up out of the furrow, as seen below.

69148.jpg

The plow does OK in the garden, as soon as I hit sod in the lawn the plow stops digging deep. The landside ends up out like the picture above. There after it tracks poorly and the furrow is not straight.

69149.jpg

Curved furrow in lawn:

69150.jpg

Sraight furrow in garden:

69151.jpg

Hitch info:
I made the 3 pt. hitch my self (except bar to rock shaft/lift cylinder. Also made the sleeve hitch. The lift is locked and not floating.

What have I done wrong here??? or is this to be expected trying to plow sod?

Any help is welcome and appreciated.

Jim

Jim.

In your 3rd photo you have way to much point.
I see no float slot it the lift straps.
Is the point inline with the plow beam?
Remove the colter if the sod is hard pack, it will hold the plow out of the ground (BTDT)

Latest posts

Back