• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Cub Cadet model no. 102 (shows on remnant of decal on left side of engine compartment cover), serial no. 130870 (eventually found the paint covered tiny digits on the small square cast boss on the right side of reduction gear housing, thanks to your FAQ’s & my perseverance).
My machine has a ‘small’ 5HP Honda motor fitted, the main drive clutch is a bit botched (your FAQ helped my understanding), and the only remnant of front PTO is what I think is the throw out arm.
1. Do I need to obtain Operators Manual, Service Manual & Parts Book or just Service & Parts books?
2. Is there any way of determining the size motor originally fitted to my machine? Would the transmission cope with 12HP?
3. Is there any way of determining what implement/s were originally fitted? There are remnants of what appears to be operating linkage for a Mowing Deck.
4. The IH CC home page lists this model as having 3/8 inch drive belt. What did this belt drive?
I look forward to some fun, & will appreciate any possible answers/suggestions to the above. This is the only CC I have seen ‘in the flesh’ so far.

If possible, could someone post a pic of a front snowblade for an Original. I know there are differences between the Original blade and the Narrow frame, but I wasn't sure what they were. Thanks.

Graeme T:

First, Welcome to the forum from the land down under.
43262.jpg

(1) I don't know the availability of Manuals in Oz, but what ever manuals you can get, the better. There is a lot of information in all the manuals.
(2) The 102 originally had a Kohler K-241 10HP motor. And yes, a 12HP motor would fit and work. Cub's 12HP (Kohler K-301) model was 122.
(3) There were numerous implements available for Cub Cadets. The mower deck was just one.
(4) If your Cub was original, there was a PTO clutch on the front of the Kohler motor. This clutch was used to power implement (ie: mower deck). The belt size for that clutch was 3/8".

I realize that you are in Australia and things maybe a bit difficult to get there. Just come back and ask questions, and we (or at least I) will do our best to help you out with information and advice.

thumbsup.gif

Graeme,
Welcome.
For your questions, here's an attempt.
1. That depends on what you want to do. Since the engine is a non-standard replacement without the PTO, obviously none of that will be covered in any of the manuals. If you intend to replace the engine and PTO with original equipment parts and operate the tractor, then I would want all the manuals. The rest of the tractor will still need service/parts, so those would be a good purchase if you are doing the work yourself. We have sponsors at the top of the page who sell manuals.
2. The original equipment engine would have been a Kohler K-241 single cylinder, air cooled, 10 horsepower, cast iron engine. The transmission is the same one used with engines from 7 to 12 horsepower, so it would be fine for a 12 horsepower replacement engine, assuming that is in at least fair to good condition. The service manual and parts manual will come in handy making sure the transmission, differential, etc., are up to spec. They'll also help with steering, brakes, and other maintenance and adjustments.
3. Lots of things were available, through IH and aftermarket manufacturers. Here's a few pages in no particular order (all or most linked directly to here) that will give you a good start.
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/BobsPage/cubad1.htm
http://cubfaq.com/implements.html

http://www.geocities.com/jluckeycub/
http://cubfaq.com/
4. Roland beat me when I took time out for a shower, but some the other implements also used the 3/8 belt in different lengths.

Well Eric, this past weekend, I used the 149 hauling split firewood, and about a ton of dirt to places to be stacked, or graded out with the custom dozer blade on the front(boy would a front end loader be nice!!!)... Nice new Titan Tru Power ag's in the rear. I got up a steep hill at full throttle towing about 300 punds of dirt and not a lick of trouble... not to mention how wet the Maryland Clay stays in the woods...Oh, uhhh How big were the trees?
coffee.gif

Thanks for the pics. If I'm looking at it correctly, there is no subframe like the narrow frames have. That's what I was trying to find out. Appreciate the help.

Steven,

That is right a Narrowframe sub-frame will not work on on Original. Roland showed the non-spring trip blade for an original, but they also made a spring-trip blade for a CCO, and it had more of a sub frame to it. I don't have pictures but I do have the diagram for it. A blade for an original is different though as the point where you lift it is nearer the inside of the frame because the lift rod for the CCO goes through the frame and to the rockshaft as where a lift rod for a narrowframe goes on the outside of the tractor to the lift handle.

43268.jpg

Been searching for Original rear lifts. I posted in the Want Ad forum and I missed the one on Ebay as posted by Glen (thanks). However, I actuall need three lifts so price is an issue.

I did an unsuccessful search using these keywords (original, rear, lift, dimensions) here hoping to find a previous post showing physical dimensions of an Original rear lift so I could fabricate my own.

I could do trial and error or guesswork but if it has been done already, I'd appreciate being directed to the info.

I got some new springs for the Hydrostatic Drive linkage on the 129, and welded the groove that looks like was cut into the retainer as the faq suggested. Here is a picture of what I have so far. Does it look right to you guys? The spring fits in snugly after welding the very thin corners of the plate closed, and bending the plate with the spring slot so it stays snugly in it's little "cage". Can't really test things easily right now, the rear fenders are off, and I want to give the tractor a paint job before putting it all back together.

43272.jpg

It's been a while since we had a give away, so it's about time we do it again!

I'm thinkin that we get as many guys as possible to post pics of their tractors ready for snow duty until MONDAY the 30th at noon and I'll have the wife pick the winner and they will receive an autographed copy of Hanks book sent to your door for some great reading.

43274.jpg

And if no one post, I get to keep it!

I will make the first ready to blow snow pic, here is my 70 with cw -36 thrower, ready to go. Already getting lake effect rain/snow mix here in Erie, wont be long!
43278.jpg

Pics of the 149 ready for snow soon, but i dont get snow till Late December / early January in Maryland... Glen.
beerchug.gif

43289.jpg

Heres 2 of my cubs ready and waiteing for snow to fall.
I will get seprate photos of them if needed, let me know.

Those are bridgstone Farm Lug M 6-12 ags for the front of a jap compact 4x4 tractor. I got them from a member on the other cub cadet site. They are super in the field or in the snow. Cheers Mike

Great
sad.gif

I was planning on getting the tractors ready Saturday.

Charlie,
If I told you how generous you are, would that buy me an extra 24 hours?
proud.gif

anybody got any pics of a front loader on a 149??? I would love to build one, but I just don't have the time anymore...
destroy.gif

Latest posts

Back