• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enei

displayname
eric nei
Hi Folks,

One day I will make it to a plow day. In the mean time, I had may own little cord wood day up here in northern WI. Spent the afternoon negotiating a large wooded lot with a trailer rather than hauling to roadside piece by piece by hand. I don't think the tractor even broke a sweat regardless of rough terrain and a couple hundred pounds with every trailer load. What surprised me most was about 3 hours of operation and only 2/3 tank of gas. Gave it a bit of a test as well. When felling a midsize oak tree the tree got hung up in another tree. First tree jumped the stump. Then we tried to cut the supporting tree to fell them both the saw got jammed in the crack. No metal wedge or second saw. So, we hooked up the CC 1650 with a tow rope to the stumped tree that had its butt in the ground. With a running start and a half dozen pulls it got down that stumped tree and the second tree we started to cut to free the first. All this with turf tires. Can only imagine the difference with good ag tires or chains. Having fun with the Cub, and my two boys as well.

Roland , Thanks for the mower deck pic . Do you have any closer up ? Somehow I have knocked the threaded post on the right pully up against the key in the keyway . If I hit it down it simply slides through and does not expose the thread to put the nut on . any suggestions?

Randall S:

I am unclear what you are referencing. Here is a breakdown of the deck as contained in the Deck Service Manual - page #14.

43245.jpg

Here's a rear mount mower that is a home made setup made from an Original timed mower deck.

43247.jpg

43248.jpg

Charlie, I think everyone is bummed about Plow Day being postponed.

Not all of us are Bummed out about Plow-Day being next weekend....I Just got back from a week of restoring power to folks in Buffalo New York....
Thanks to phone calls from Mike Andrews and Brad Lyons I found out it was postponed...I was glad ..So I will be able to make it but, I feel bad for those who now cannot make it.....So Steve..I WILL be there rain or shine....If anyone needs parts hauled to or from North Central Indiana please drop me A line...I will have a trailer with me......

Charlie P. Not bummed out here. Dang furnace exhaust motor went out yesterday afternoon. Sooo... the heating guy came out yesterday and is trying to find a new motor for it. I had to get a couple of those room heaters after work today. He is coming out this evening yet to take the old motor off and see if someone can rebuild it. At least it isn't below zero and a snowstorm. The ex and I went through that years ago over by Sabula. We had two little ones then and just two little milkhouse heaters and an LP gas stove in an old non insulated farm house. The landlord ended up putting in a new furnace with that episode.

Kraig M. On the Original mower deck picture. If someone just were to take a gear reduction box and reverse it instead of the snowblower box they would have a nice little working mower.

Hey Charlie,
That looks like a 50% chance of no rain to me!
Probably blow right on by, I hope!

Hey Tom H., It don't hurt to ask! Pickens are slim for implements in L.A.!LOL!
beer2.gif

If I wanted to know the difference between and #1 tiller and a #2 what would I search the archive for? Just plain "tiller" was no help.

Ed,
The number one tiller is 32" wide without the side extensions.
43255.jpg

The number 2 tiller is 38" and does not take extensions.
43256.jpg

Ed: The main difference between a model 1, and a model 2 tiller, is the model 1 had 'extensions' available to make the tiller wider. You could put 1 extension on the left, or the right side individualy, or one on each side at the same time. Whereas on the model 2, extensions could not be added/were not available to be used.

Here is a picture of my model 2 tiller.
43259.jpg

Charlie thanks for the picts. I have a #2 on a 107. I bought the tiller and the guy threw in the Cub 107 it was attached to. The engine he said had a rod knocking. After I got it running the rod knocked for about 45 seconds before it broke. New rod (and rings while im at it) so it should be good to go.

Can anyone please tell me what special means in 582 "Special". What is the differance between that and the standard 582 ??

George,

I believe that I got this right.

The 582 Had a 16 Horse B&S engine coupled to the standard 3-Speed Cub Cadet Rear end either cast or aluminum rear end, depending on the serial number and the 582 Special had the 16 Horse B&S engine that was coupled to a 4-Speed Peerless transaxle, the same one that was used in the Cub Cadet 1100. Of the two tractors they are nearly identical except for the drive system.

Latest posts

Back