• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you all reccomend as the best type of rear PTO mower (right angle gear box) for heavy duty mowing, and for lawn cutting??? And how did that guy with the red streched 149 w/a rear mower get power to it?
coffee.gif

Charlie, that looks like a 169 because of the air cleaner, but I'll take your word
happy.gif

Glen C.
A closer look at the stretched red 149 will answer your question as how he got power to the rear. The info is there, reread the posting.

The front pto is still used to power the rear angle box for a tiller, which in-turns powers the mower, and I rember that just from seeing the photo the last time it was posted here.

Not to be a smart a$$, but it pays to pay attention to the small details once in a while,
so I suggest you grab
coffee.gif
and do a little more back surfing of the post, you might even find the answer to other questions you have.

Was I being to much of an a$$?

Hey, aren’t you guys something! I thought maybe at least a few days & then maybe something small. Your responses are fantastic. Thanks for encouraging an old (71) retired Engineer from down under. Just give me a few hours to digest what you have all sent.
I have got the motor out, & the clutch. The clutch was ceased up but now looks like it could work. Have been tinkering with the Honda motor. It is fairly basic, getting spider webs & hornet nests out of it. It all turns OK but not much compression yet.
The tyres are holding air & the transmission seems OK just pushing it around my driveway.
Now there are a few other things the wife & the garden want doing!

Morning all. Will the kindly soul who sent me the email on Honda engine repower for a 782 please drop me a note? I cant find your email to me. I am trying to decide between the 18hp Honda and one with a bit more power - say the 23hp version - and someone sent me an analysis offline of how th 18 compared to the original Kohler 17, etc. Also, I picked up a lovely, not overused Howard Rotovator 350 last weekend. If anyone knows anything about this old beast, drop me a note. It has a Kohler 141 on it. It isn't a 2B tiller but it was there, I was there, and I had 50 bucks.

Latest posts

Back