• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klejeune

displayname
Keith LeJeune
Scott Stanton,
My wife said Macy's has some really nice purses your wife might like.

Lonny,
I'm thinkin this might be our year.
The last 3 have been jokes for snowfall totals and the snow gang is gettin antsy.
95558.jpg

Charlie:
Back in BC (before cub), I built a hinged V-plow for my (OT)8 horse M-F hydro. I could never get it to steer in a straight line, couldn't get enough bite for the front tires to steer, it pretty much just went where the plow wanted to go. I ended up putting a flat plow blade from a Sears on it. I'll be interested, if you ever use it, in how well the commercial one works....

Took these at RPRU this year.
Paul B's Lantz Sno-Vee

95563.jpg

95564.jpg

Charlie-
Nice plow. There looks to be some other nice stuff on that trailer as well!
happy.gif

Question for anyone who knows:
Does anybody know of a source (forum sponsor possibly?) for these clips that are used to mount a mule drive to a narrow frame tractor?

95567.jpg

HELP!!!, IS THERE ANY COMPANY MAKING AFTERMARKET HYDRO PUMPS FOR CUB CADETS HYDRO. I'M LOOKING TO USE IN A DRAGRACING TYPE SET-UP

Well Charlie, that one should last a long time. I t's only good for the opening pass doun the driveway. That half width will get tiring. Shame they didn't have more curl at the upper edge though. Have seen the day that it would have been fun.

Keith, (Kraig?) Got any pics of that little "orchard" 100 next to the V-blade? Looks interesting.
happy.gif
If so could you post them in the Not OEM?

And separately... what purpose do those clips serve? I don't have them on my 100. Should I?

Paul J.:
Your question would probably get more responses in the "IH Cub Cadet Pulling and Hot Rodding" section.
Pretty small market for 1/4 (or even 1/8) mile Cubs.. (Hmmmm let me see - a cage, set of Mickeys, Coan Powerglide and some squeeze and my 149 would be ready..)
Shift.gif

Charlie
I believe they were built in Wiscinsin and made for clearing sidewalks, but they are also not built very heavy/sturdy, guess that's why you don't see many of them. That is only the 3rd one I have seen, in person or in pictures, and is the only one that had any type of mount with it. All 3 have had the cross bar that is pinned to the castings, but mine and the one owned by the Thieme family didn't have any kind of brackets to mount it to the tractor. There should be an upright "post" with a skid plate on the the bottom, in the two castings the cross bar is connected too, and one in the "V". I can post a picture if you need it.

Paul, yes please post some photos of your Sno-Vee! Also please post a couple of your Orchard 100 for Jason.
happy.gif

Here are pictures of the Sno-Vee, and there are pictures of the Orchard on the "Not OEM" page. I no longer own the Orchard. I enjoy building them, play with them a bit, and because I don't have the room to keep them, then pass them on to someone else so I can build another.
95579.jpg

95580.jpg

95581.jpg

95582.jpg

95583.jpg

Jason, those clips make it easier to install the mower deck mule drive bracket. You don't "need" them but they can be handy. I believe they came with the CW36 snow thrower but may have been available separately.

95585.jpg

Paul, thanks for the photos!
happy.gif

Thanks for the info Kraig, and Paul... thanks for the pics... that's a cool machine.

Paul, Charlie - I could see those VEE snow blades being useful in the right conditions, maybe 3-4 inches of light powdery snow but without chains and a LOT of weight I think anything over 6 inches of snow would get frustrating. Back home in winter of '78/'79 We had a lot of snow, kinda like last winter around Madison here, and the Township Road Commisioner I worked for summers in college used His 6X6 Austin-Western road grader with the vee-blade to open most roads. He also used the patented "BLUNIER RAMMING METHOD" to get through most roads. The snow banks off that vee-blade were 6 to 8 feet tall some places.

My thoughts were "<font size="+2">Blunier Ramming Speed</font>" too.

Back