• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 18, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
Quick question: Once you get past the yellow 3 point hitch hardware that attaches to the tractor, are the white painted sleeve hitch parts that lie between the moldboard plow and hitch - are these pieces the same for both narrow and wide frame Cib Cadets?

Bill: Yep.
happy.gif

Luther and Allen, thanks for the feedback. This is the same tractor I had issues with last spring and I gave up on it for the summer. Starts fine, runs fine, engine gets sluggish after about a minute of running. Last night is when I noticed the arcing and didn't know if this was common. Last spring I swapped coils with my 149 and it didn't help matters. I don't recall if I swapped the condenser or not. I'll try that on Saturday. Regarding the voltage output of the coil, where do I make the connections and what approx voltage should I see?

Bill "Quick Question" Jamison - I see you got a couple "Quick" answers. Just thought a few more tidbits might be helpful to you, and others.

I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to naming things correctly, but I do try. I wanted to point out the things you called "yellow 3 point hitch hardware" are more than likely what IH called the "Sleeve Hitch". And what you call the "white painted sleeve hitch parts" is the "Brinly Sleeve Hitch Adapter". The "Adapter" part of the name often gets left off in discussions so people begin to think Brinly made the sleeve hitch parts. Other times people refer to the Brinly Sleeve Hitch Adapter as the "Brinly Adapter", which is probably an easier/better way to discuss the white painted parts.

Now, there is also one other tidbit to point out here. I don't know what to call that BIG solid pin, that inserts into the cast iron lever part of the IH sleeve hitch. It's not considered part of the sleeve hitch by IH, and it's not part of the sleeve hitch adapter by Brinly. One style of the pin is used for connecting IH Tillers, and another style is used for connecting the Brinly adapter.
(Couple weeks ago someone on there was discussing drilling a cross section hole in that BIG pin for the cotter pin, so the BIG pin itself could be used for either mounting the IH tiller or the Brinly adapter required for a plow - and yes it can be done).

Harry, Don, Jeff, and all the rest of you that read this post:
The 102 lives! The K241 needed the chance to taste gas and have the corrosion cleaned from between its points and Sacre Bleu, it fired up and runs with no real sign of burning oil. No hydro creep on this one!
Tonight I'm happy it runs. Tomorrow I'll see if it will take me for a ride.
beerchug.gif

I've got a gear drive. Can I quit, now?
happy.gif
happy.gif

I couldn't wait:

263882.jpg

263883.jpg

Camera battery is about ready to STB, it's not that dark. I was home on leave "several" years ago and got to taste moose meat (before it was legal to shoot them). Tough as shoe leather! Guy blamed it on his wife's cooking. I'm not going to blame the dark pics on Jeanne.
Anyway . . . a gear drive may have just joined the stable. It runs, drives in all 4 gears and creeps in all 4 gears. Doesn't even need a new seat!
beerchug.gif
happy.gif

Frank C. You'll love that 102. I need to work on Clarence (102) and get him fired up again. I also need to get another seat for him. That OEM seat is just too rough for these bones anymore. I'll just set the OEM seat aside in the house when I get a new, more comfortable seat. They are actually fun tractors to mow with.

Harry, and others,
Actually IH called it a Three point hitch. The Brinly Adapter was/is used to adapt the sleeve hitch on the implement, to the IH three point hitch on the tractor.

Frank, whats the 102s name

saw this on a side of a barn near by

263892.jpg

and all ready for some cub time

263893.jpg

Harry - a fellow Cubber explained to me a while back that the big pin for the 3 point is commonly referred to as a donkey d**k. Not sure if that is the proper IH nomenclature - perhaps someone else can confirm that.

Question:
Will the IH sickle blade sections work on a Haban sickle mower?
Not sure exactly where this question should be, but the mower will be going on my cub cadet 100.
I looked in the manuals section and couldn't find any kind of a parts list or part numbers on the blades. Any help would be appreciated.

Frank C

Looking good there,no creep, or drippy hydro on a gear drive...

I came upon the elusive adapting package to put a qa 36A/42A to cub cadets starting from the 70/100- the 147.It is nos.
Of course it did not come with instructions....it has 2 spacers,u shaped clamp, the arm that attaches to the implement lift arm, and the lift rod that has a few bends to it.

Any one have any ideas how this works?

Terry the brinly parts list it as a "lift pin "

MARTY G. - I think the Haban sickle mowwer uses a smaller sickle section than a normal hay mower, mower/condidtioner or combine header.

But there is something else that uses a section the same as a Haban, I just can't remember what it is, so sections are available. A store that favors farm equipment like a Farm & Fleet, TSC, etc might have them.

I think the Haban sections still have to be riveted on so be prepared. Yhe sections on combines & newe mower/conditioners are all bolted on now.

Dennis and others,

The blade sections have the IH emblem on them. They are 3" wide, 3-1/4" long, the rivet holes are 2-1/16" on center, and are bottom serrated.
P.S. Charlie probably has a whole case of them if he would just be willing to part with some!
biggrin.gif

I'm sorry I killed this thread!
bottom.gif

After "running rabbits" for about 3 hours, I think I have found some sickle sections.

Anybody have any pics of their cubs (especially "O"'s, 70's,& 100's) with a sickle mower on it?

I had my 149 out for a few laps around the yard. Good fun : the bummer is all the leaves to clean up. I`am looking for a real windy day soon lol.

Marty, here's a video of my Haban on a Model 70. It's Video No. 4. Hope this helps.

Frank C - nice job with the 102.

Picked up a parts tractor today, a 1250. Thing was setting in weeds and vines, but the real attraction was a complete 3 point hitch and Brinkley sleeve hitch.

263912.jpg

Aside from a few spare parts for the shelf, for whatever reason I was thinking not much else to take away from the tractor. From a distance I didn't see a manual lift lever and assumed the tractor was hydro lift, but it has an electric lift.

263913.jpg

Wondering if this electric lift will fit the 109...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back