• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbartee

displayname
Norm Bartee
Might be a stupid question, but... Is the sleeve hitch adapter the same for a wide frame as a narrow?

Same for both.
thumbsup.gif

I took the neighbors 122 as collateral for a $150 loan. I'm not sure how long it has been sitting. It has skinnie wheels and bar tirs on the back with wheel weights. It is a hydraulic lift with a rear lift set up. The sparkplug hole is stripped and it has a blown head gasket. The fins above the flywheel are full of junk, so I pulled the engine. Someone painted the top of the hood and the wheels brown with a brush.
250561.jpg

Lucas Jones
I guess if you had a look at what was there before ; I did change the ones out to look neater. I`am still not happy but it is an improvement.

250567.jpg

It was hard to lift the hood when the lines were like this .(above)

Here is another shot of how they look now.

250568.jpg

Hi guys. New to the forum. Thanks to Charlie (digger), I think I am in the right place. To start with, I guess intros are in order. I own a grand old CC100. I have had it for twenty years and it is a well-used working machine. Mostly mowing but I use the moldboard plow and a couple of other attachments from time to time. Well the old girl is due for its '50 year scheduled maintenence'
happy.gif
I live on the Canadian border. Now that the lake is frozen (I'm a boat freak), the work is beginning.
I will be rebuilding the mower deck, the pto clutch, the drive clutch and possibly the motor (although it still runs great).
I have one problem that may be beyond my skill or knowledge. The tranny has started dropping out of gear into neutral. This was a slow developing problem that has now become major. It started with Reverse and gradually spread to 1st and 2nd (I never use 3rd). I can maintain gearing ONLY if I hold the shift lever in position.
Where might I start looking. Are the shift forks suspect? Or do I need to split the machine and dig into the tranny itself? If that is the case, I'll need to job it out.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Todd Summer

Don it looks much better now, wish I had a loader.

Edward if I where you I would hope he dosn,t want to repay the loan..you got the better deal hydraulic lift,wheel weights and rear lift....keep the tractor let him have the cash

Charlie what kind of draft beer is that 1450 serving with the hydro lift lever

Todd Summer

groupwave.gif
Welcome to our site where you will get all the help you will need to make the 100 great again. I`am no expert but I think you have shifting fork wear ; I would pull the shifter by removing the bolts on the base plate and check the forks for wear. Find a good used set or weld them back to spec. I would download the manual on the main page here at the bottom of the page. I know there is a write up on shifting forks in the 100 manual. that will help you recognize where the wear is and how to repair it . I know some here will add more to this that has done that repair. I have a 100 and plan to dig it out next summer and use it with a creeper I have to install. Got any questions ; all the info is here ;this is the best IH Cub cadet site on the net !
ihrotate.gif

or this link from the manual section
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/70-100%20Service%20Manual.pdf

Does anybody have pictures of spring assist installed on a narrow frame tractor(am going to put it on a 122).

Thanks and Merry Christmas

GOD Bless our Dear Children

Doug-

Kraig, our "photo guy" posted a narow frame spring assist on the last page. It was on Dec. 14th toward the bottom of the page. I'm sure it will give you an idea as to what is involved.

Good luck!

Back to researching my Sims cab installation on my Cub. I am going with the idea of using a "Super" frame instead of chopping up my 782 frame to lengthen it. Since the cab I bought does not have the "square" fender shape to the door, its making it a little more of a challenge. I guess first off, does anyone know if the fender pan off an 1863 or 1782 Cub would fit onto a "super" frame from a 982 or something along that series? Part num 703-2141-0498 or 703-1796 according to the Parts Look up. I do not know if the frames are the same for the supers from IH & CCC built tractors. I am guessing the holes will never line up in a million years. I am just not sure if they are shaped the same from the older ones to the newer onese? Just thinking if I was able to get ahold of that fender pan to fit it to the super frame, then I would not have to hack up my doors on the cab to get them to seal properly? Short of that NOT working, I could fabricate a few pieces I guess to match the curve of the door so it would seal properly?

The idea is to get the super frame and the correct fender pan (or fabricate/modify a fender pan) and then use the rest of the parts off my 782 parts tractor to build the rest. That way I can use my QA42 blower I bought this past fall on the "new" tractor and still have a cab to keep my butt outta the blowing snow. Just wonder, think I am going about this the correct way?

This is the style of cab I have, too bad I didn't have the correct tractor to match up with it!

250589.jpg

Notice how the back side of the door when meeting the fender pan is more rounded than the normal ones you see. I wish I had the other style that has the more square type fender pan.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike-
Someone may know differently than I do, but I don't think you're going to get a QA42A snowthrower to work with a "Super". (Or are you going to make a LOW-RIDER Super with the smaller 782 tires?)
1a_scratchhead.gif

If you're going to make a true "Super" with the taller tires front and rear, you have three things to consider:
First of all, you're going to have to replace the pulley as the 82-series tractors use a wider belt. Secondly, I tried hanging a QA42A off my 1872 when I first got it. With no lift rod, the thrower was still about 2" off the concrete floor of the garage as it dangled from it's mount on the tractor. It wouldn't go any lower. Third, I think you're going to want the curved upper links on that thrower or else it's may hit the grill of your 782.

Like I said, someone else may know better than I, but there are some things to consider before you start turning wrenches.

Does anyone know the length of the drive belt for H48 snow thrower on a 982. Belt appears to be NLA from Cub Cadet so if anyone knows the right size it would help in sourcing one out. Thanks.

Mike P,

I'm sending you an email considering most of the tractors I'm going to talk about are off-topic CCC or MTD.

Art,
I was wondering that if it would be too tall of a tire for the blower. But I could live with a "low rider" too if need be. I guess I could also perhaps make longer lift rods in hopes of it getting the blower housing to the ground? However, I did already buy the curved upper lift rods from Charlie, so that would be a little crazy to NOT use them since I bought them specifically to be used with the 82 series grill.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Perhaps chopping up the frame of my parts tractor isn't such a bad idea. Lengthen it to the proper length, just like a super and run with that?

Without me cleaning the pile of crap out from around my 982 in the garage, anyone know the total length of the super frame? I am pretty sure I read somewhere before that its around 9 inches longer ??? And I think its in the tunnel cover area (between the seat and steering colum).

Mike-
You're missing one point...

When I hooked the QA42A thrower to my 1872 (same as a 982 w/power-steering) the thrower's linkage wouldn't allow it to come closer than about 2" from the ground without even attaching the lift rod. The linkages would bind before it would touch. Perhaps those curved rods would "fix" that, but I can't imagine the u-joints would like you very much at those angles. I took a pic of it, but that was a few years back, so it's on a different hard-drive.

I'm tempted to say that this thrower just won't work with those taller tires. <font size="-2">(Of course the minute I say that, somebody will prove me wrong.)</font>

Yeah, I was thinking I could make four new arms for the blower allowing it to reach the ground. But I didn't think about the u-joints and the length of the shaft. I am sure that would be screwed up. I am thinking it would have to be a low rid'n super or extend the frame of the 782!

Ohhhhh... so many ideas, just not that are good enough! Except sell the blower and likely the cab and get an entire new set up. Ohhhh... could you imagine the squables coming from the wife!!
facepalm.gif
rant.gif

Back