• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Denny, you mean these photos.
happy.gif

68851.jpg

68852.jpg

68853.jpg

68854.jpg

68855.jpg

68856.jpg

KRAIG - I forgot Wyatt took pic's the day He helped Me vacuum leaves. That's His old 73 in the upper right corner of the one shot of the front of the cart. There's a steel door that hinges up from those three sets of tabs on the top back edge of the roof. Two tarp straps hold it closed. I normally try to run either INTO the wind or at right angles to the wind. It get REAL dusty running with the wind.

Denny, not to mention Wyatt's old white Ford in the last photo. "It get REAL dusty running with the wind." Hmmm that gets me to thinking of that tune by Kansas, Dust in the Wind.

I typically run the AM/FM about half volume on the headphones listening to Axle or maybe some Metallica.
headphones.gif
You can just see the enclosure for the radio under the seat. Headphones normally over hung over the back of the seat. I think I'm on set #3 or #4....Backing up to trim around stuff with a pair of headphones dragging on the ground is hard on the headphones.
poof.gif

Denny, hung on the seat like this:

68861.jpg

I see the radio under the seat too:

68862.jpg

68863.jpg

Sometimes the neighbors could hear the radio over the tractor engine....but that was before the straightpipe....

Son & I started disassembly, clean-up & inspection a week ago on whats going to be a Killer Kohler 271....for the 70. K241 block w/321 crankshaft. It's exhaust is going to be muffled. If it's a success We're making one for the 72 also.

Denny, I just got a closer look at your fenders. Awesome!! Do you have any plans on those, or did you just make them up as you went? I will have to show what a buddy of mine in TX did for my 124 years ago, but they are not near as pretty (or substantial) as yours.

Noel, here's better photos of the fenders on Denny's 72.

68865.jpg

68866.jpg

68867.jpg

I like Dennis' red string hood latch ;)

I just throw on some (108 songs) of AC/DC on the garage stereo and crank it up , no headphones needed.

Dennis - Interesting lift ya got on the rear. Looks beffy enough.

KEN - I think that pic was from Travis's PD about 3 yrs ago. I tie the hood shut with mason's line so I don't have to worry about wind catching it and blowing it off.

AC/DC's good too!

I made that hitch probably 21-22 yrs ago when Dad bought that plow at a yard sale for $5. I don't think it had ever been used. I'd plow His garden, My Sister-in-law's gardens... All without lugged tires, chains, etc. and just the stock 6-12 GY turf tires. Just lots of weights, about three per wheel. The hitch looks stronger than it probably is, but You can only put so much pull to the ground with an 800# tractor!

wow what a lawn vac, now if only i would have thought.Except small change(wife in trailer filling bags )lol . a friend ask me to save all my leaves for his trailer.that would make a big job small . Later Don t

Jim T,

I'm kind of late to the party, but I've got a Cyclone Rake, and it works amazingly well! I bought the smallest model, which is about $1k to start. The cyclone rake has a rigid attachment to the back of the tractor, so it swings a wide arc when you turn. The benefit of that is that it is very easy to back up. It does make it a bit tricky to maneuver around trees and such, but that is the only complaint I have about it. It is very well designed and built, and it's built in the USA.

http://www.cyclonerake.com/

Couple of quick questions on tires & wheels. My 782 has 23x10.5x12 tires. Is the 10.5 the width? Would 23x8.5x12 tires work OK for the 782 on matching rims? Thanks.

Here's a pic of my cyclone rake. I'll have to get a pic of it this year hitched to my 106!

68885.jpg

hello. i have a question on a rear hitch that is on my Cub. what is missing on my hitch. what do i need to use my plow or disk harrow.i think i need some kind of bracket.Thanks Don t
68892.jpg

Charlie, How about some closeup picts of the starter system on ole Joe.

Latest posts

Back