• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
Scott S,
Ya know that you can move snow with a mower deck up until a certain point.... (at least until the deck clogs)
clappy.gif

Scott S.,
Sounds like you had problems installing the brake pucks on your 104?
Please share what you ran into...and how did you overcome it.

What brake puck kit did you go with?
Did you glue new pucks on your old metal backing plates?

Thanks!
Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Ryan-

I've done this too..the worst part is getting the puck out of the brake cylinder in the rear; I've had to chip them out in pieces. The new one installs really easy. You get the pucks from a CC dealer; they're actually pretty reasonable. Much easier than redoing external brakes. No adhesive necessary either, they are kind of a press fit.

hah....We got 2 inches of snow last night, if the ground wasn't so wet I'd put my blade on.

Hey Brendan.By the radar map you posted I figure your about the closest cub member to me.I live in Cornwall Ontario Canada between Montreal and Ottawa on your map.A few years ago we went to a pull in Mount Upton in wich I see was probably close to you.Anyway hi neighbour and have a cub day.K.W.

Keith,

I'm in Syracuse NY, and Don Tanner is in Nova Scotia...

Ryan, I got my brake pucks from Myron Bounds who is one of the site sponsers and a good guy. I, like Matt, had to chip them out as well and then get all the bits out. No glue or anything of the sort. I agree with Matt getting the rear one out as it is a pain....in the rear!! Might as well change the "O" ring while your in there too.

Brendan, we got about 2" at my house and up to 5" in the hills around the local area! All wet sloppy stuff.

Just talked to my Father, who lives back in Kansas, last night. He said that he is putting the 70 back together. Although I had it in good shape when I gave it to them over 10 years ago, years of abuse finally required some repair.

My Mother uses it every day for stuff around the farm and had destroyed the entire drive system to include the clutch drive plate that attaches to the engine. I ordered new parts from one of the sponsors and had them shipped to my parents.

It seems like Dad decided to fix everything, to include re-painting, building a new battery box, carb kit, front wheel bearings, even re-painted the steering wheel. He said he would take a picture when it was finished.

So, after he finishes, takes a picture, gets the film developed, mails the photo, and I receive/scan, I will post a pic of one of the hard-working beast's recent refurbish.

It just feels good to know that something I gave them gets used as much as the old 70 does. He said Mom was bothering him every day to fix it because the "Massey isn't as good in the mud as the Cub."

Scott S., / Matt G.,
I forgot that the 104 has internal brakes....
bash.gif

I'm looking at doing the brakes on two 129s I've got here - which are external brakes....
so I was just looking for any pointers or shortcuts.

Yes, I've had some discussions with Myron and he helped me out when I was struggling with my PTO clutch a while back.
Yep, Myron is a GREAT guy!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan Wilke

Don D.
I finish this on a month ago.
179519.jpg

179520.jpg

70 has been in my Wife's family since it was new in 1965. It help to pay a mortgage off on a 10 acre straw berry/blue berry farm.

Kieth....Yep...Scott and Don are a little closer. I've been to Mount Upton once, went to pick up a wood stove and got lost then ran out of gas. Never did find where the guy was that had the stove either, never goin there again.
lol.gif

how can I tell the differnce between a sunstrand and an eaton hydro

By the tractor they came out of, I guess........Give us a little more context, maybe we can help. (I see a couple of Eaton units on E..y right now, if you want to look at pics...) They really don't look that much like the Sunstrands.
thumbsup.gif

Looks great Dale! My Father didn't do that well on his refurb though. His 70 still has the home-made garbage-barrel fenders I built. Not as unmolested looking as yours by any stretch.

This is my parents' 70 from over 10 years ago. (Can't believe it has been that long, as I posted this photo here the day I took it).

179543.jpg

Don, what size are those tires?
icon_eek.gif

The fabbed fenders look pretty good, Anyway from here.

Scott T, If you want to talk about fun pull into a ditch full of water with a snowblower going. Those things will throw some water
happy.gif

Now Dave, ya know....if your gonna make a statement like that you better have pics to back that up......
clappy.gif

....Am I all alone? helloooooo...anybody? hmmm....Yall must be getting your beauty sleep
tongue.gif

no your not alone... im getting bord tho... think ill go throw the plow on the 71! i already took the deck off and changed to 10W-30 for winter! shes right around the corner!

Latest posts

Back