• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale R.
Go ahead and buy the stuff from Dave Kirk and i do believe that the instructions will have everything covered.
thumbsup_old.gif

Lip,
The "B" means that it's supposed to have the 5/8" pulley for the 82's instead of the 1/2".

Scott B-
Since you've already replaced the coil on that 782, I would check the fuel pump. When it acts up again, see how much fuel is coming out of the fuel line that goes into the carb. The fuel pump will start to go bad, but it can still pump fuel when it's cold. Once it warms up, it doesn't pump so well.

Charlie-
That is a good video. I'd forgotten about that one, but you had the whole family laughing over here when we watched it.
biggrin.gif

Charlie - So you're saying:
QA42A = A belt size
QA42B = B belt size

This is what I have been told about the nomenclature of the QA Series Snowthrowers:

Q36/42 = Fixed Mount
Q36/42A = Adjustable Mount
Q36/42B = 5/8" Belt

The Section A Belt is 1/2" in width. The QA & QA-a Series snowthrowers used a 3/8" wide belt.

thumbsup.gif

Got a little seat time yesterday myself. Dad and I was working in the woods on a project and he said Son go get the 1000 and drag that spike tooth harrow around. So we used it to level dirt and sow some grass. As always it worked it great!

Until I put the little guy back in the shop because when I shut it off white smoke just poured out from around the steering wheel. Of course a little old farm boy language was said. Made sure there was no fire then let it sit over night. Maw's had a honey do list. Anyway checked it out this morning, could not find anything wrong but, got a feeling the hour meter is shot.

Sad when smoke escapes from the wiring!!!
bash.gif

Pops

Hi all,
Do I need this part for a 124?
68789.jpg

Does anyone have a sketch with measurements that I could use to make one?
Thanks, Brian L

Ben:
Maybe that was a Lucas hour meter.....
err.gif

Charlie, ah video from the 2004 Weekend Freedom Machine Spring Tillage Day at Nick Queensland's farm. At the time I felt kinda bad about that...
angel.gif

I don't think that a QA42B was ever actually made. I believe that for the 82 series if you wanted a snowthrower wider then 36" you had to go for the H42 or H48.
dunno.gif

Brian, no that part is only needed for the 1x6/7 series.

BEN - Don't think anyone answered Your question about the Midwest SuperCub suitcase weights. They make 5# and 10# weights plus I think 3# Imitation aluminum weights for the pullers. Steve & I both have the 10#. The 5's are the same size, only thinner.

Latest posts

Back