• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, what type of tractor is that (drivers view, red, left hand muffler?)

Snow has been on my mind lately. I think Digger posted this a year or 2 ago. Just wondering what the hole to hole distance is that i put on the picture? Also, been to the cub cadet parts look up and couldn't find anything for a QA42B snowthrower. Even looked under attachments under 782 and 982. Does anyone know why they don't have that information? Or am I doing something wrong?
68778.jpg

Anybody have a price list for the 1975 line of quiet line stuff? I know what is worth now how bout then?

Cub lovers:
I need some assistance. I bought a 782 recently that has been giving me nothing but challenges.

After warm up of 15-30 minutes she starts to lose power and will sputter and spit before backfiring and start to smoke. Today I let her cool for 20 min and got back to it and she was fine but still felt a little weak.

She has had a tuneup, new starter, and most recently a new coil.
I just started to add some Marvel Mystery Oil to the gas.

Any thoughts would certainly help. It is driving me and my shop crazy as it repeats at werid intervals.

Thanks
Scott

Thanks for the measurement Digger! Whats the cpe-2?

Ken; Did that and just found out I was 1/2 too small.
wink.gif

Thanks Digger. Will the 38" mower from a narrow frame fit the quiet lines? I got one from a 125 I think.

Not to split hairs but looking at the list here I thought the 1650 was 16 hp, its listed at 15 hp.
what gives? Am I wrong or is that a type-o?

Scott, it could be overheating. Make sure your fuel mixture isn't too lean and also are your engine cooling fins clean and cooling ducts/engine cowling installed properly?

Well at least its just not me that leaves a lot of type-os.
beer2.gif

Thanks for the info. on the part Charlie. I was able to look it up with that No.
deadat30.gif

But I seem to have misplaced my Dealer CD.
roflol.gif

As I was going thru some old pics. I saw my PTO smiling at me. I know......

68786.jpg

Ryan "W", They are from 1910-1919

Glen "C", The picture is taken from my International 234

Rick "B", The "TURBO DIESELS" were kickin' a$$ and taking no prisoners. If anything, I'd say more hp. than traction.

All, I have a 1450 with a QA42 snowthrower attachment. When the snow is too deep for the blade I use the snowthrower. The problem is that I use it on a 1/3 mile dirt road covered with 2B stone. Most of the time when a stone goes through the thrower it just throws the stone, however, once it bound up the auger and stopped the engine while the engine was running full throttle. Is there a way to modify the thrower's drive train to incorporate a sheer pin to eliminate the possibilty of damaging the engine? I have had skids made for the thrower that keep the body of the thrower approximately 2 inches off of the road but it still takes in the occasional stone. Also, does anybody know where to get the best price on tire chains for 23 X 10.5 with cross links every 2 links with "v-bars" (similar to a 1/2 chain link) welded to the cross links for additional traction?

Christian K.
IMHO, if your stopping the engine, your belt is way to tight.
I wonder if a soft shear key in the thrower pulley would work instead of the OEM key.

Any pictures of how to mount the blue coils?

I'm hoping to put a dual Bosch coil set and a dual point saver from Kirk Engines on my 782 before cold and snow season.

I looked in the fAQ's but didn't see any listing of pictures on how some of the more clever people have gone about doing a mount. Does anyone have a picture of their installation that might serve as a guide to me?

Thanks for any help in preventing me from making the job look too cobbled up or putting a self tapping screw into something damned important that should be left alone.

Bailing wire and hot glue just won't do it.

Rob F & Charlie - Regarding the QA42B not being listed in the parts lookup: My thinking is that since almost everything is the same between the QA42A & QA42B, they only listed the QA42A, but broke out the parts that are not the same (pulley, belt, and arms, what they call top links). The pulley and belt are broken out by tractor model, with one part number for tractor models 800-1650 and another part number for tractor models 482-782. The arms/top links are broken out by snow-thrower S/N. My guess is that the S/N split matches the break in tractor models, so the later S/N's would have the curved arms/top links. Of course, I was wrong that one time...
dunno.gif

On a related note: Does anyone know if the IH pulley on the QA42A/B is any different/tougher than any other cast iron 4" pulley? I was given one that came from a local farm/fleet supply store. It's solid, vs the original one that has openings in it. Will it work OK for me?

Latest posts

Back