• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Scott, here's a 1x6/7 headlight panel:

42820.jpg

I believe the lights were added. There is one tail light, the other side is a reflector. It also has the rear horn option
err.gif
.... I take it the hood isn't supposed to be like that... I'll get a picture. The block survived, but I think i'll throw the old 14 hp out of my 149 in it for now... The deck is better than the one on the 149, plus it has gage wheels. This machine will be my mower, the 149 will have the rear pto on it for tilling, etc..

Glen, they now make tri rib tires for either of the two size rims for a 1x8/9 Cub Cadet. Here's what they look like:

42822.jpg

The above are for the wider rims.

42823.jpg

The above are for the narrow rims.

Yesterday Roland posted the two rim/tire sizes.

Kraig:
I thought I might get a comment on the headlights on the 129 in the pics you reposted.. (88 Chevy pickup four light system low beams - perfect shape for the 1x9 surround)

Kraig..
DOH!
What can I say? I'm a wide frame guy... Flywheel too big around? I guess a new rod is in order...

Kendell, I hadn't noticed I was too busy looking at the cable tool setup. They do appear to fit nicely in the grill.
happy.gif

Scott, yep! The only narrow frame with a 14hp was the 147 which had flares in the frame to fit the 14hp.

42825.jpg

KRAIG, SCOTT - There are OTHER ways to put a 14 HP into a NF. And they don't involve a welder...

David K,

The bottom lines of those who peddle the junk are mathematical proof of P.T. Barum's theorem.
lol.gif

Denny, would that be changing the flywheel and shroud to a 12hp version?

Does anyone else miss Charlie?
42828.gif

He better drive safe its going to storm up there!

STanner... what on earth do those measurements mean (1x8/9)in laymans terms... and where do I get the wider wheels and rib tires from??? I have the 16x6.50-8 tires on the front now... will those rims work for the tri ribs ??? Thanks Glen.
screwloose.gif

Terry -

Ya know what I do when I miss Charlie? Reload and shoot again
lol.gif

Jim "M",
Just take a punch and run it though the axle whole and give it a smack. Pretty simple.

Gettin' excited about PD!!!! Got the 23's on the back and ready to goooooo.

Hey Folks,

Just curious. Where is Charlie? Northern Wisconsin perhaps. Wonder if he makes house calls for annual check ups on 1650's for newbe tractor owners.

Rebuilt the front PTO (100) and put it back on. Set the distance of the wear button to the thrust button. When I engage the wear button the PTO doesn't stop. Not sure what I am doing wrong. HELP..Joe

I think the oil fill would be in the way, also... would the flywheel swap work?

glen... ya got the wrong guy...

Glen... brain fart here... 1x8/9 means models of cub, wide frame where the x denotes hp.. 149 would be a 14hp hydro... check the FAQ section, I'm sure there is model # 101 topic...

Latest posts

Back