• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42837.jpg

Everyone needs a little decorations for their bedroom, don't they.

O.K.....So where can I get said tires... OH AND THIS IS NOT A WANT AD!! this is a wanted info ad So don't "Nuke" it moderators (thanks)Anywho. I ckecked the Southern States webpage and they had nada, so where do I get the 16x6.50-8 tri rib tires???
jawdrop.gif

Eric, I personally use AG tires when plowing snow, mowing hills, etc, and they don't tear up your asphalt of concrete driveway with all those nasty scratch marks from when your wheels spin... But I would reccomend that you look up your tire size on the tire, and go to Sears, or anywhere that sells those chains for that tire size, but if you're anal abut OEM stuff like me... then I would order from Cub Cadet themselves, or find a Cub Cadet repro parts place like Carter & Greuenwald and so on. Glen
beerchug.gif

I was on a plow day site not long ago, and I saw a cc149 with a 6 spline PTO shaft with a small bushhog shaft connected to the mower deck of the tractor (Rear axle PTO for the record) on a CAT 0 3pt. hitch Was that an option, or am I seein' things... and can it be done????
screwloose.gif

Glen: Try a tire dealer that is local for you!

I have bought all of my AG tires (2 pairs of fronts and 3 pairs of rears) from a tire dealer that is located in the town I work in.

I stop in after work and let him know what I need/want, and the next day at lunch time I drop off my wheels with the old tires still on, then after work I pick up my new treads....simple as can be

Last time I got a set of Carlisle Super Lug 16x6.5-8 fronts and 23x10.5-12 rears. The dealer dismounted the old tires and disposed of them, put in new valve stems, and mounted all 4 new tires for $200 total.
thumbsup_old.gif

Glen,
The wide tri-ribs can be purchased from M.E. Miller tire.
M.E.MillerTire.com ( I think )
I dont think they are listed on the web site, you need to call them and ask for them, and hope they still have some in stock.
If I recall, they where made special order for M.E. Miller tire.

Eric.
Stop on down this weekend, I should be able to set you up with a set of chains if your tire size is 23-8.50-12 as I have a couple set of chains hanging on the back wall of the shed that I havent used in a couple of years or so.

Latest posts

Back