• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tank vent is clear and clean.
Same results running no filter or in-line filter.
The filter is a clear filter for gravity systems.
When it starts flowing...it really flows good.

I guess I'll pull the tanks again and do another flush and replace the 90 degree fitting with another.
Did one of you put a marble in my tank?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Rick B. Nope ... No marble in your tank (you'd hear that critter roll around and it wouldn't stick over the drain hole unless there is a lot of suction) however there is a slight chance that a bug such as a bee or moth may have fallen into your tank. That or some other foreign object that will slosh around until all at once it finds its way to the bottom drain.

Back in the late 1960s someone put some ping pong balls in a farmer's tractor gas tank. If I recall that farmer had to put a new gas tank on the tractor. Another farmer had someone put soybeans in his diesel tank when he left the tractor and wagon out in the field overnight. That farmer got so upset that he literally traded the tractor with the beans in the tank yet for a new tractor.

Do you have another (spare) tank that you could install for a few days and let the current tank sit and dry out? I understand though the tank baffles may never let you find the culprit however if you'd put some carburetor cleaner in the tank that may help dissolve whatever is in there.

Off to work. Have a great and safe day everyone.
happy.gif

Hey guys,
Will the rear lift off a 1650 fit a 782?
thanks,
mike

Thanks Matt. Any chance someone can get me dimensions of the lift bar so I can make one?

RICK B. The gas tanks on these Kohlers are made from three different pieces soldered together. Most tanks I've seen the fuel outlet on the bottom comes from the section that only has a couple small holes to let fuel flow between sections. So two-thirds of your fuel tank can be spotless and the section where the fuel has to flow through can and sounds like your's probably does have something floating around in it that blocks the outlet.

I bit the bullet for a new OEM plastic tank for my K321 in my 72. After running the 5 quart tank from the K161/181 with the K241 engine for 20 yrs and having to refuel every 2 to 2-1/2 hours I wanted a BIG tank. Son made a three gallon fuel cell that was awesome, every drop of gas drained out but it suffered metal fatigue and I wasn't MIG welding on a used gas tank so I installed the plastic tank. There's no baffles in them, and they don't rust, but debris can still cause fuel flow stoppage.

Mike P, the first thing that came to my mind with the engine not cranking over is that the stator was dirty. I have had that issue with other engines of the Non Cub Cadet brand.

Well the weather is still nice so I thought I had better get some winter prep done. First thing is dang I made the fiver pad to narrow lol. The 129 is working on that.

231479.jpg

The 149 is just waiting its turn after I put on the back blade.

231480.jpg

I need to get in this shed and put in a few more of the cubs. pull some batteries and get things ready for this winter.

231481.jpg

I did haul a few loads of fire wood with the 1512 and power dump trailer,But Chalie don`t like me posting pictures of MTD clone to a 883 or 782 . so I won`t . Have a good day .

Back