• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

482 Throttle link

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharder

displayname
Jim Harder
Long story short I need to make the throttle linkage from the governor arm to carburetor on a 482. Basically it a wire bent in a s hook. Am i wrong in my thinking that if I measure the distance between the two at wide open and at Idle positions that will get me the info I need? It is a 8 horse Briggs. Was told same engine as in the 1100 I think. Also if this is in the wrong spot I will re ask where I need to. Thanks Jim

Need to edit the original post. I meant to say it a 11hp Briggs. I have zero clue why I said 8hp. Thanks again Jim

I have done that before. Just hold the carburetor throttle wide open and move the governor arm the same direction as far as it will go. this should cause the flyweights on the governor to retract. Measure between the holes while you hold it. It may help if the governor spring from the throttle is disconnected when you do this.

The distance between the rod holes in each lever could be longer with the carburetor throttle closed because the governor shaft can swing away from contact with the sleeve on the governor assembly. That is why you measure at wide open throttle.

If your rod doesn't fit the holes snugly, use a damper spring between the levers to take out any lost motion so the governor will not surge. If you don't have a damper spring, I have re-purposed other small springs in a pinch.

If the engine still runs away, you may have to take the cover off and verify that the governor assembly inside is intact.

Ok. Sounds easy enough. A divorce in the middle of a rebuild caused some missing parts. Thanks for the info. Jim

Back