• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe D.

Are you talking about Part #6 in Charlies picture above (the Long bar with the long slot) that goes to the back of the tractor? If so, I think I still have the directions for the #388/389 at home. The front of that bar goes between the frame and the lift mechanism under the removable plate in front of the seat. The picture in the directions doesn't really show it very well. But there is a replacement pin that goes through the hole on the right side of tractor (if you are behind it, or sitting on it) and it goes through the long flat rod (#6 in Charlies picture) and them through the hole in the lift assembly. Sorry, I really don't know the correct name of the parts. But as you pull on the lever to lift your implement (I am assuming it is a manual lift) there is the mechanism under that front plate that has the leverage to lift the implement. I looked at the parts diagrams in the Cub Parts Lookup above, and can't find the correct part I am looking for. Hope that helped a little. Just remember on my 1512 with hydraulic lift, that flat bar goes BETWEEN the frame and the mechanism. NOT to the inside side of the lift mechanism. Hope I didn't confuse you more than you were before. SteveG

Thanks Kraiq that was a big help, I will install a new pin tomorrow.
Frank battery was charged overnite and then charge hand now falls back to the middle at idle and does not go off the crart now at wot. so i guess its workin allright.( 73 rear ??? ) not another job lol
explotar2jr.gif
i have 3 cubs not running for some repair or another right now and can`t wait till this winter so i can live here in the Cub Shack lol. later Don T and thanks
thumbsup_old.gif

I'm going to need a few electical parts for my 100 I've got torn down right now. I'm hoping my local dealer can fix me up with a new ignition switch but I'm not so sure about the push button for the starter. Anyone know a place that sells new ones that fit cubs?
1a_scratchhead.gif

And before you say it yes I did check the sponsers and didn't see anything listed.
bouncy.gif

Anyone on here from west harrison indiana? Were you at the Franklin County Antique Machiery Show this year(in brookville last weekend in sept.)? Trying to get in touch with you. Thanks, Dustin

Rob Neubauer.....I'm pretty sure your set of wheel weights are Bolens weights. I have an identical set.

Matt H:

Is everything in the Drive Train, in good working order and the Drive Shaft running true...??

95071.jpg

Roland & Matt: That was my first thought, but I'd have phrased it differently. I'd have suggested unhooking the driveshaft at the engine. Funny how the same thing can be said 2 different ways. Have a great day, everyone -- I'm going to start by cutting a tomato plant cage out of the tiller tines.
wave.gif

Latest posts

Back