• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstanton

displayname
Scott Stanton
Charlie, thanks for the pic of the lift!! I think I'm going to get a linear actuator and fab one due to finances I did see one that was built from one and it looked good! At least now I know how it looks and where it goes on the frame so I have a better idea of the fab its going to take.

Kraiq, just got some mail and will send a note back to you this week, Thanks so much.Today i will use my 147 to haul another 4 trailer loads of wood(yet to be split)and slide it into my basement. Had company last night and could not get at the 14k rebuild installed back in the 149,but the 129 will soon need its power back. Have a great Cub day. Later Don T
Shift.gif

Thanks Charlie! Service with a smile.Scott maybe Charlie has an old lift from a 107 laying around. It has been a while though.

I'll put an ad up in the classifieds so I dont break any rules here on this page!!

Lucas, nice start on your Original refurbish! Can you tell if that yellow paint on the mower deck is original or was it repainted at some point? It should be white.
1a_scratchhead.gif
Looks like you made the mesh grill insert, nice job! The S/N places it as being built in December of 1961.

Kurt, nice write up on your 826! That is one very nice tractor!
drool.gif

Don T., good to know it finally made it.
thumbsup.gif

Hey Charlie, an chance you could place a copy of Kurt's write up in the "Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! !" forum area for easy future reference?? TIA
happy.gif

Kurt, nice write-up and wonderful tractor, thanks for sharing. You are truly talented. It does remind me... my uncle's father-in-law is a Case collector and a retired farmer with a lot of talent and time on his hands. What's that have to do with Cubs you ask... just wait. He has built scale models of a lot of his collection of antique Case tractors out of old Cubs. The pics I have are too large to post here, they're scans of actual photographs I took before I joined the age of digital cameras. I do have them in a post on another board if anyone is interested in seeing them. But, be prepared... they're definitely not cubs anymore. I do want to get back there sometime soon. Apparently he has built a 1/4 scale replica of a 1964 Chevy grain truck with an operating hoist box. http://whtractor.15.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=304

My Cub is draining my batteries...
I have just put my cub back together, new regulator, coil, condesor, wiring harness etc. I bought a new battery while I was putting it back together. when I finished the battery was dead, I returned it and they gave me a new one from the local cub dealer. I brought that one home, plugged it in and the cub ran well for a few days and then nothing, I jump started it and I let it idle for a good 10-15 minutes and then it died again. So I have the battery on a charger in hopes that I can at least get the cub back in side as it is a ways away from the garage.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the wires are reversed on the regulator as the diagram doesn't show me top and bottom...What color wire should be on the top of the regulator when it's on the bracket? (This is a 105 by the way)

I have to look when I get home as I am at work... if I have the top and bottom reveresed, would that draw on the battery? If not, what else could it be...

Oh and yes that helps a ton...

Kurt, super nice job on that cub cadet/826 and if you could e-mail any other details would be greatly appreciated James

Kraig, the original mower deck that came with our "O" was white with rust and holes. So we opted to buy another used mower deck. Though this one is yellow we are going to repaint it white.

We are only refurbing a few obvious parts right now seeing as how the yard still needs mowing. Bit by Bit it will eventually get done.

Thanks for the info on the S/N
Hopefully more pictures to come

Lucas

Quick question for anyone with the answer. Over on the green site there is a thread about the Red Ripp'n Fall Plow Day. I was just wondering why I don't find it posted here? Anything going on everyone should be wary of, or what's the story?

Thanks

Troy

Troy G.
It's a long story that isn't going to be re-hashed on the open forum again.
Lets just say that no one associated with hosting the event are members of IHCUBCADET.COM.

Hi there
I am having a problem with my 149 Hydro. I think the Trans is staying engaged, or re-engaging, as when it shut down it tried to creep. This problem is preventing me from being able to restart the tractor as the engine cannot turn separately from the drives. I read the FAQ's and was attempting to adjust the neutral position, I did adjust the brake pedal to stop it from bottoming out, but I cannot get it to release enough to start. With it jacked up I can turn the wheels etc. I did notice that on the pressure release valves, I have the older style with the button on top, one is stuck in the down position and one moves freely. Is there a fix for this or a direction I should be heading in, I was going to disconnect the driveshaft to be certain of my problem, but thought there might be another solution. It also entirely possible that I am headed down the wrong path, open to suggestions.

Just Googled that Dibond stuff. Looks pretty cool but at $50- $100 a sq/ft, I don't think that I'll be using any soon.
whistling.gif

Jeff: Hmmmm... I think you need another 149 for when things like this happen. A stuck down valve button means the valve is open - or should be. How about if you hold the button down on both valves, turn it over, and see what happens. This should bypass a linkage problem. Let us know what happens and we'll go from there. Fun, ain't they?
dizzy.gif

Also, (I just went out and looked to make sure), you should be able to remove the relief valves without removing the fender pan. They're reversible, so maybe changing them from one side to the other will help find the problem. I've freed buttons by soaking them in PB Blaster or WD40 and pushing up on the little ball at the bottom with the back end of a drill bit that fits in the bottom hole.
wave.gif

Alright,
I am feeling a little foolish but getting closer. I think I have two problems. I took the spark plug out and it turns over fine. The generator battery must be weak, charging now, or more likely the compression release is not working correctly. Will not turn over with the plug in, tries to and sometimes does, but not more than a couple of revs then stops. Thinking I have a timing issue? The Gov adjustment will not affect the ACR will it?

I guess once I have it running I will readjust the neutral and fix up my worn hydro linkage and springs, as I have surging and the trans was not disengaging when I would depress the pedal all the way previously. I guess I got a bit confused when the generator pulley was turning inside the engine belt, thought it was because of the trans issue.
I have a Garden Mark Squire 10 for back up but was hoping to get this Cub straightened out for the winter snow blowing,

Back