• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethan K,

You are doing great, just keep it up.
The three most important things in working/restoring a cub is Patience, Patience, Patience.
I have more trouble with that than anything.

As for doing one thing at a time, (for me) that's very hard to do.
Just when you think you are concentrating all your efforts to one thing, something like this pops up!
err.gif

317535.jpg

Attachments

• 317535.jpg
    317535.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 103
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 121
  • 317535.jpg
    317535.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 111
Marty-Oh no your Sierra has an “o” growing out of it...is there a recall on that?? Thank you for the support and I thank everyone for the support I couldn’t get this done without the support of this forum.from what I can figure I’m ahead of schedule on Iron Patriot,I wanted it to plow snow this winter and I’m at that point alll the other stuff is gravy

Ethan,
thumbsup.gif

Marty,

No matter how many projects, no matter how big/small your herd/cub house,,,

There's always room for "one" more!!!
happy.gif

Nice Score, and CooL Lift set up!!!

317548.jpg
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 111
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 121
  • 317548.jpg
    317548.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 109
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 317548.jpg
    317548.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 116
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 123
Ethan,

Do you know what GMC stands for?

Get More Cubs!!!
lol.gif

Jason,

I am seriously running out of places to put these guys.
For the price I gave for this one, I will buy them all day long!
err.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 112
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 114
I originally posted this in The Sandbox. Charlie said that it really belongs in the main Forum area.
happy.gif

Just started thinking more on the serious side lately. Currently I have eight Cub Cadets. 1961 Original, Clarence 102 with rear pto, 125 1968, 14 horse 129, 14 horse 108, Keepsake 1650 (1977) second owner, Fancy's 1650 1980 or 81 second owner, and the 782D. I have three plows... two Brinly 10" and one CAT 0 12". I'm pretty confident the 125 is the first one my ex-wife and I bought second owner and traded for the 682. I've decided due to some major happenings here to forgo getting Schultzie's 104. I hope this doesn't offend Charlie however I didn't know where else to post it. My question for everyone is this... which Cub Cadets outside of the 782D and one 1650 would you keep? I'm thinking of keeping four at the most. The Original needs to be refurbished is serial #9067, Fancy's 1650 needs a ring set and valve job and new pto switch. The Keepsake1650 runs very well and if I didn't keep it I'd swap the Brinly hitch and wheel weights over to Fancy's. The 102 has rear pto and needs the carburetor rebuilt and possibly reset the governor since the engine was rebuilt and is from another 102 that I bought for parts because the transmission was stuck in between gears. The downsizing will be taking place. I just don't know when. Yes.. I will miss the other Cub Cadets but I'm smart enough to realize that God doesn't promise anyone their next breath. I'd rather enjoy a few and see someone else give the rest a good loving home then never have the time or energy to get them all running.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 118
Marlin-keep the diesel,the “O”, the 125 and the Better of the two 1650s that way you still have an admirable collection but at a manageable level...just my two cents

Ethan K. Fancy's 1650 has more "family" ties to it even though it needs work. The 125 needs the hydro rebuilt one day or replaced. I know of two low hour rear ends with good hydros. A salvage gentleman scrapped two Cub Cadets years ago and saved the rear ends for some reason. The Original needs refurbishing. I do like your suggestion though. I still have the Pow'r Pup to redo also. I'm slowly losing interest and with recent events I'm hoping to hang onto everything else.

Marlin,

Here is my take on this. Some will just simply be questions to ask yourself......

Just possessing them, are they costing you anything. Not what you want to do to them, just them sitting there. Do you have enough room to store them, and not paying for storage?

I assume sometime in the future you plan on retiring? If so is working on these part of those plans?

I don't know your personal situation, and not going to pry, but do you have to sell any, really?

My opinion is, if you have the room, they aren't costing anything, and you have plans for them, let them stay right where they are. If you need some room, and you have one(s) that are a parts machine, pull them apart and put them on a shelf.... take up less room that way.

I understand passing on another one, especially when picking it up would be a road trip....

Dad and I now have into the low teens (all but 2 are at their place) we have a couple that are definitely "parts machines" (basket cases that are just beyond help) and we have talked about taking them apart and placing the pieces on the shelf, since they will take up much less room. Mom and Dad are both retired, and puttering around working on the various Cubs he has is one of his retirement activities.

This hobby, just like others has it's ebbs and flows..... There are times we do things to improve, or make more useful for what we need. Other times, they are used for their designated chore, and put back away for the next time, only doing maintenance to keep them working.....

I'd say if they all have a place with you, for sentimental or other reasons, and you are hoping to show them some love, hang on to them, and show them love when you can. I know all too well, that life can get in the way of our hobbies. My 1450 sat at Mom and Dad's in pieces for over a year, due to an early arrival of our youngest. One of the 149's Dad has been working on, sat in his shop with the engine on the bench for probably 3+ years. That being said, it's now back together, and been given a purpose. There are still others in line, some need put back together, some still yet to be taken apart.....

Do what is best for you. Just remember, as long an you have them, they can still receive the care you want to give them, sooner or later. But, if you send on , it will not have that opportunity. I'd rather have it there, as a carrot to pursue, to keep me going and engaged, rather than looking at something that is a project that I will never get to...... I have things I want to do with the tractors/house/vehicles/yard/etc, but with a family,job,etc, some of those things just have to wait their turn......

Latest posts

Back