• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott-

Nice adaptation with the electric clutch. It seems that question comes up every month or two.

What in the world is the front mounted right angle gearbox running on that tractor? I hope you have more pics.

I have a Cub Cadet 682. We took it to a guy to work on the float. All the time we had to always shut the gas off after we used it. The guy said that everything was alright. So we turned the gas on and put the side panels back on. Just today we were using it for yard work with a trailer. We shut the mower off and about 10 minutes later, we smelled gas. We opened up the hood and saw it running all over the place. The sound of the gas almost made a bubbling sound. So is the float sticking still or do any of you guys have this prob. It would really be useful. I am hoping to a have it up and going by spring if so. So if you guys know anything, please commit and help.

Thank you guys. Yes I was talking about the wheel bearings

Wayne-
It a QA42 that I refurbished 7 or so years ago...
231301.jpg

Kenny, did I foget to mention anythings possible.
Scott, how'd you get a QA42 on a 149?

Troy-
Since your question hasn't been answered yet, I thought I'd jump in, but I'm not sure which "bearing" you're talking about.

There is a locking collar on the front end of an Original's clutch/driveshaft. Is that what you're asking about?

Give us a bit more detail and we'll try to get you headed in the right direction.
happy.gif

Art, Troy, I'll add a photo, yep there sure is a locking collar. Photo is of Dan Hoefler's Original.

231304.jpg

Adam J.,

Had the same problem with my 682. Replaced the needle & seat & float, helped but still stuck occasionally. I could tell by the engine sound when it was hung & tapped on the carb to joggle it free. Never really got fixed until I changed the engine that had another carb.

If I were you, I'd get another carb & rebuild it, but maybe somebody else has a solution.

Dave,
Again.. With the right adapter!!
231307.jpg

I fits, but the chute hits the 149's nose when lifted... I have since aquired the proper 42a unit.

Having issues with my 982 again.
bash.gif

Thought the battery was starting to crap out on me, have it fully chaged and LOTS of light off the head lights when I turn on the key. It will start to crank REAL slow and then just stop. Turn the key off and try again....same thing, will roll over maybe 2 times and then stop. So what is the cause of that?
Starter dirty again and not spinning free?
Something locking up internally and not letting it roll over freely?
My battery really is junk and needs replacing?
?????
I even hooked booster cables up to my truck from the tractor battery last night and it would do the same thing. Roll over once or twice and then stop?
I changed the solenoid in the spring along with the key switch (both new). I have also removed the ground wire from the battery to the frame and removed the paint and all so it is on bare metal.
Just curious, what causes your battery posts to have that furry currosion on them over the years? Every tractor I have ever owned or been around has that on the battery posts where the cables bolt to it. Is this just caused from humidity and condensation in the air with the posts heating up while being used? Or is it something technical that my pea brain wouldn't understand?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Tractor ran good last time I used it about 1.5 weeks ago to mow the lawn.

Strange and frustrating!

Latest posts

Back