• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob, very nice! CUBgratulations!
beerchug.gif

Salmon fishing in Algoma, Wisconsin last July. This was one morning's catch!
69562.jpg

Here are a couple of the bigger ones from later in the trip.
69563.jpg

...and then back at home.
happy.gif

69564.jpg

Art,
Nice basting sauce.
Isn't it illegal to have a Colorado beer in Wisconsin?

10 year old son shot his first deer on Saturday during Ohio's gun week. Dad was with him, and could not be more proud of him! Take your kids hunting, fishing, or cubbing!
71071.jpg

Rob, very nice! CUBgratulations to you and your son!!
thumbsup.gif

My 12 year old daughter started hunting with me this year. Unfortunately she did not get a deer, but the good news is she wants to go hunting again next year.
bouncy.gif

This one's for Art,
Back in 1961 when the Cubs were just rolling off the line out here on Vancouver Island Salmon fishing was BIG. There was nothing like hooking up with a Tyee Salmon for half a day reeling for one fish. Today they don't seem to get this big and average around 30-40 lbs.
This pic is from 1961 and the Tyee are 52 & 55lbs, In one of the hotels the 55 pounder is hanging on the wall.
71074.jpg

Went out for Rockfish (Striped Bass) today. Fished in Chesapeake Bay in southern Maryland.Caught some nice ones
71219.jpg

71220.jpg

71221.jpg

All fish were from 35-40". (20 to 26 lbs)
Brian L

I recall some good fishing in the Chesapeake bay Brian!! Stationed at Patuxent River in 57. Will be trying out Pensacola Fla this winter. Nephew has his charter boat ready!!
thumbsup.gif

Lyle,
We fished out of Solomans, MD right next to Pax River base.

Charlie,
I'd send ya some but it would cause a family mutiny!

Brian/Don-
Those are some nice fish! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Brian-
How do you cook those stripped bass?

Art,
I usually filet the fish. Then I'll cut out all of the dark red meat (the oily part). If the fish are large, I'll cut it into smaller pieces. Spread it out on a cookie sheet and put pats of butter on it. Sprinkle lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning on it. Cook it in the oven at 350 til it is just done (depending on thickness of filets). Don't overcook.
71268.gif

There are probably as many ways to cook rockfish as there are ways to catch them. In Maryland, people always use Old Bay no matter how you cook them.

Brian L,
Looking at the top pic in your 12-07-07 post, it looks like you had your coat off when you cleaned some of the fish. Sure made a mess of your pants, though!
biggrin.gif

Nice fish! My mouth's watering.

board-post.pl

This mornings duck hunt.Four gadwalls,one merganser,and one lesser scaup!
bazooka.gif

Latest posts

Back