• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhassler

displayname
Dave Hassler
Dennis, the quart is to top off my 126 k301.
66180.jpg

I used an air hammer to remove the steering wheel on my 147 #4. I inserted a 5/16 bolt onto the hollow steering shaft. While sitting on the seat and lifting the wheel with my knees, I give the bolt a quick blast of the air hammer and off she comes.
66183.gif

Jerry H. I agree with your statement 100%. I felt bad hitting that long bolt that I knew was connected to the internals of the steering box. After mowing season, I'm going to go thru the steering box and do the mods. Great method and cool work Dave H.

The postlady showed up today with decals from C.C. Specialties.
beerchug.gif
. Great sponsor to deal with.

I couldn't wait and got the first decal on the back of the fender pan.

66187.jpg

I have never done any decal's but an email to C.C. Specialties brought a quick response with advice and instructions. Thanks again Charlie.
thumbsup.gif

Still waiting on paint. The mule drive gets prepped tomorrow.

66188.jpg

Richard T.,
You said that you're using rattle can paint to re-do your 129; would you please share with me what brand/paint part# you're using.....It is REALLY LOOKING GREAT!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Dave, ummm, I've been hunting Rough Grouse since 1973, successfully I might add. I know what they look like and what they taste like! YUMM!
bouncy.gif

Richard T., wow, that is coming along nicely!!

Anybody have info on repairing the "float" button, on a manual lift for a wide frame ? Or an exploded view diagram of the parts?

Does Charlie hold the forum record for getting a "Thanks" for Qs asked? If not here is one more for Charlie. Thanks once again for the help.

Todd H.
The search feature is the best thing there is to find anything. Every time I tell someone to do that, I find more neat stuff myself and usually end up putting some odd ball info on CUBFAQ.COM.
BTW, your very welcome.
thumbsup.gif

<font size="+1">FYI</font>

I just learned of a plow event being held in south central Wis. on Oct.13, being held my a member of the WFM site.

I do not know if non green tractors are invited but I have asked.

My 102 needs the front pto clutch actuating lever and there is one for a 100 available on an a popular on line auction site. I would think the one from the 100 would fit my 102. For some reason I can't pull up a 100 on the cub cadet parts site here. What's the story? Will it fit?

Terrence W.
Go back to the parts lookup, type in 70 for the model number, that will bring both the 70 and 100 up.

Terry, the 100 comes up as "70 & 100" in the Parts Lookup, also the 70/100 has the PTO listed in the "Attachments" folder rather than in the tractor parts list. Here's the diagram for the PTO engagement handle:

66216.jpg

How can I find out if a QA42 snow blower would fit on my 782? I think the 782 is a wide frame and the QA a narrow. Can I modify to fit?

thanks
Scott

Scott, the model you want for a 782 would be the H42 or H48. The other models that can work are the QA36A/QA42A but the top links will bump the bottom of the grill housing. The better model would be the QA36B (not sure if there was a QA42B). The QAxxB has curved upper links so they don't hit the bottom of the grill housing. A QA42 will not fit without cutting and welding.

Charlie - That's too far to DRIVE the Cubbies....
Shift.gif
I better wander across the street and see exactly where it's at....if it's far enough West then it's closer...

Well, Mike's talking either the Lake Mills (Rt 89) exit or Johnson Creek (Rt 26) exit off I-94 so it almost IS drivable on a Cubbie. The Lake Mills exit is about 21-22 miles from My house. Johnson Creek is about 30-31. If it was a Full Size tractor plow day We'd run the M over....it needs the carbon blown out REALLY bad.

Back