• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis F.

Only 22 miles? if you toss the plow in the trailer along with a 5 gallon can of gas I bet you could make in there in 4 to 5 hours depending on how many times you need to take a rest stop.
thumbsup.gif

Fella's,
I recently purchased a cub cadet model 882, model # 144882100, serial # 2050606U728742, with a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel. Is this a true cub cadet or a MTD cub cadet? I cannot find any information on this model anywhere, but I may not be looking in the right areas. Any response would be deeply appreciated.

Robert Dahs

Robert D: Since the 882 is NOT an IH made or sold Cub Cadet, posting your question on the CCC & MTD page will surely get you a responsive answer....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Digger.

Where o where did you locate that one.
It looks like is has been well abused.

Hey guys! I told you the 128 resto would begin this winter, but I couldnt wait. So here I go. I tore the old girl apart, not a single problem with any bolt. Got some Q's, I found some red paint in the battery/fender area. I am sure this is original, did IH use the red color as a base coat, havent seen it any where else on the tractor. Next, what is the hole in the top of the differential, offset to the left when standing behind the tractor. My parts donor 149 doesnt have this hole, any ideas?

Todd.

Without a photo of the hole in question I can only guess that the hole your are refering to is the breather hole found on the top of the casting on the rearend just above the rear cover.

Todd,
Is this where the hole you are refering to is located?
66241.jpg

Lonny,
It's just one of those poor greedbay Cubs.

Ya know sometimes you get a thought in your head and can't get it out! LOL
Well i got to thinking about all those Cubs out there without the foam spacer under the steering wheel, and how to replace that foam piece without removing to steering wheel.
Pipe insulation,
66243.jpg

66244.jpg

Both sides have super sticky tape.
66245.jpg

Fits tight around the steering shaft.
66246.jpg

I pulled one apart and it ripped the foam and not the part that sticks it together.

Todd H.
The gear drives are vented but it is not an actual breather vent like on the hydros, the shift lever is not sealed so it acts as a vent.
If memory serves me right, There is a vent on gear drives, but it's not drilled through to the inside of the rear end.
The 149 will have a vent hole. It may be painted over though.
66248.jpg

Lonny and Charlie thanks. That is the hole I was refering to. Mine is a blind hole so it makes sense that the shifter doubles as the vent. How bout that red paint I Qed about?

Sorry for the lack of photos guys, I got me a dig cam, took some pics, now need to load them in the comp. Darn technology, I dont like it one !@#$%^&* bit!

Charlie, thats a good idea. One of those that stares ya in the face and ya never see it. I got a couple that need to be done.
thumbsup.gif

Bren

Kids Cub Cadet artwork...

66252.jpg

Not sure what model cub this is, but it kinda looks like something Vince Thomley would own!

66253.jpg

rofl.gif

Art, it looks like that Cub Cadet has a cape! Look, it's a bird... it's a plane... it's Super Cub! Hmmm the cape has a CC not SC... Would that make it: Look, it's a bird... it's a plane... it's Cub Cadet!
dunno.gif
In any case, that drawing is a keeper! Refrigerator art at it's finest.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie, clever!

Hey, that cab looks kinda like an outhouse......
66255.gif

My model 100 has red all over it(under the yeller) in little descreet places I always figured they used it for a base coat or maybe they had a big stock of parts warehoused from the pre cub cadet years? This seems likely cause back then I don't think many companies used 1for 1 production, or did they?

Henri,

IH used lots of Red Oxide primer, especially on the castings. It's a brighter red than the primers we are use to seeing today....I'll bet that's what you're seeing.

Latest posts

Back