• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally broke down and bought one of these fancy deck leveling do-hickies, works pretty dang well too. I was rather pleased with it.
66262.jpg

Charlie, on the gauge...looks pretty cool.

I did a couple "parts" searches, but could not find a link.

What was the price on the leveling gauge? and is it plastic or metal?

I found the source of the red paint on the 128 in the battery area. Dad painted it one time during a battery change to stop some surface rust. Why red I asked, he replied "it was there on the shelve so I used it"

I have to have my K341AQS bored and the crank turned. I'm pricing rod, piston, rings and I'm being told that there is an "old" style and a "new" style. The thing is, they are both still available. You'd think the "old" style would be NLA. Anyway, will both of these work? The old style is about $30-$40 cheaper than the new. I'll go with the old if there are no problems with it. Thoughts?

After looking at the poor old abused Cub with the white cab, I had a question. Has anyone ever developed plans for a "do-it-yourself" cab? I'm not much with metal, but I'm a fair woodworker. The shown cab is pretty square, so a couple of pieces of paneling, some hinges, & plexiglass should do it. Mine would be inside so it wouldn't need to be too "weatherproof". Am I being too simplistic?

The 129 rattle can refurb. is still waiting on paint of both colors. A youngn' behind the counter seems to have forgotten to place my order last week.
bash.gif
. I did however get some decals (by way of C.C. Specialties) affixed and they seem to somewhat take your eye away from the looks of the 10ft. paint job. If I were to do this refurb. over again from the start and with as far as I disassembled the tractor and as much time as I put into prep., I would recommend to anyone doing somewhat the same to either shoot it yourself with good paint and additives or take the prepped parts somewhere and have a pro. shoot them for you. Rattle can paint work, even with care, looks bad if you love your Cub like I do and want it to look its best. That said a few pics. And if you don't like the acorn nut on the hood you will have to talk to the wife who said if an O has an ornament so should "her" Cub.
err.gif
. Under edit, I don't know why the pic. of the decal shows "brown" on the right end as it is certainly not.

66266.jpg

66267.jpg

Oh yea, what's up with the wavy portion of the headlight insert...... I remember something said about it but a search came up without results.

Charlie, pretty cool on the foam.

Art, the art work should be framed! It was the TO DAD that got me misty. Dang I miss those days. Son will be 37 and grandaughter 6 in the coming months. Seems like just yesterday that Son and I were building a Soap Box Derby racer and then a couple of go-carts and on to motorcycling/motocross and then cars. Enjoy.
deadat30.gif

Richard T., that looks a lot better than a 10' paint job to me.
thumbsup.gif

Richard
Very very nice! Sorry to hear that after your hard work you lost your tractor. Good reason to go out and buy another one tho.
You can use your acorn nut for a "front sight" when aiming at things.
JH

Thanks Jerry, and your right I do need another tractor now. Seems she is really liking the pretty one.
bouncy.gif
Thanks Kraig, wouuld you believe 8ft.? LOL.

Back