• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
A pertinent question given the last few postings.
Does anyone know how many countries are represented on the Cub Cadet Forum?
I've seen posting from Australia, Belgium, Canada and the US.

Bill

good Friday to all!
I have a question. I picked up a 124. It has a new harness and voltage regulator. I noticed when i was going over it, there is a purple wire in this harness that runs from the red terminal on the gauge to a lower terminal on the regulator. I do not see that in the wiring diagram. That is the only wire that is not labelled. This machine didn't run when i picked it up. That made me research all the new elect component and then this wire.
it runs now, had a broken coil wire and the coil was wired backwards.
I'd like to know what it is for to make sure it is correctly wired.
thanks matt
http://www.cubfaq.com/wiringdiagrams/124.jpg

Bill, there have been quite a few members from other countries: South Africa (Dawid Johannes Louw and Atholl Codd), Finland (Juha Heikkila), Norway (Gunnar Tveten), UK (Robin Howe), Netherlands (Remco Vegting) are a few that I recall. I'm sure I missed some and I did not include the members from the countries you mentioned.

Matt, hmmm, the only purple (violet) wire should be this one:

290641.jpg

290642.jpg

Kraig,
thanks. I need to take it off the reg. then. I do not recall there being a light post on it.

Matt, it should go to one of the terminals on the right side headlight, that is if it has headlights. If no headlights, leave it disconnected and tape up the exposed contact/crimp terminal.

290644.jpg

Does any one know the length of the lift rod for a snow plow blade on a 1450 QL?

Kraig,
i do not have lights, yet. I'm looking at LED for it.
I wondered when i looked at the schematic the first time. Since it was wired wrong in other places it doesn't surprise me. Hope he didn't kill the Regulator having it like this.
Thanks!
Now that i have this, i can start restoring the 70.
I'm looking forward to trying the 42" snow thrower i picked up with it. It only needs to snow once and then go back to warm though, LOL.
I need to make a different chain adjuster though as it is wore into the sides...

Keith O.when you adjust the cam ,have the steering wheel in the center ,from left to right ,and the tight spots should go a way.hope this helps .David

Michael,

On my 1250, the lift rod for my blade is 28-3/4" (overall). It does have a slight bend. I believe that it is factory original. It works fine.

Latest posts

Back