• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kostendorf

displayname
Keith Ostendorf
Bill, X2
groupwave.gif

Jeff/Kraig/et al,

Sorry, my bad. I've been informed that the S/G's on the Original spin CCW just the same as all later model SG's. I stand corrected. Thanks.

Jeff B.

I agree with Steve B., you just shorted the battery, assuming the wiring on your tractor is unmolested.

Doug B. is also correct, be careful working on the S/G terminals, they are easy to snap off with a wrench. I use a small copper or brass wire brush to clean electrical connections.

The V/R wasn’t likely damaged, but it doesn’t hurt to pull the cover and verify.

Jim

In addition to my previous post asking if a flat belt pulley gearbox from a Cub will swap over to any model Cub Cadet with the PTO output shaft, I'm looking for more details. Does anyone have any diagrams of the guts of the gearbox? How does it attach, or does it simply slide over the existing output shaft and bolt on? Same parts and simply bolt on regardless of model? If I buy a gearbox off of someone, are there internal parts I need to get from the Cub it's coming off of to make it work? Thanks for the help!

Kraig and Ron,
The PN/ IH-330820Z S/G is used on everything listed below, including the 169.
There are 2 maybe 3 different front drive end frames, but the main housing is the same.
70 & 100

Charlie, now I'm going to have to compare the S/G on my Original to the S/Gs on my 125s and 105s. I thought for sure that the one on the Original was slightly smaller.
dunno.gif

EDIT: Or was it just the pulley that was different diameter...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hello,

I've bought a Cub cadet 70. Now I can buy a mower and a snow thrower for it but its all new for me and I dont know if it wil fit to my cadet. Can anybody help me? Thanks from Belgium
290601.jpg

Koen, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Nice model 70. The mower deck in your photos will fit *IF* you have the proper adapter/bracket kit.

Koen, here is some info on the adapter/conversion kit that is required to mount that mower deck onto your 70. Note, only the upper half of this page refers to the mower deck in your photos.

290615.jpg

Koen, the snow thrower may or may not fit. It is NOT a model that I recognize and it appears to be for a newer model MTD built Cub Cadet not an IH built Cub Cadet. What you want for your Model 70 Cub Cadet would be a CW-36:

290617.jpg

290618.jpg

Keon, just noticed that your model 70 does not appear to have a PTO installed. Note that if it had a PTO the engagement lever would be on the right hand side of the pedestal as can be seen on the tractor in the CW-36 snow thrower datasheet I posted below. You will need a PTO setup in order to operate a mower deck and a snow thrower.

Marlin, well said.

Keon, welcome. nice find, but you need to get rid of that odd green color on that cub.

While were on the subject of attachments for older model cub cadets. what model dozer blade would fit on a 123?

Koen I have the parts you need to adapt that deck you've found to your tractor. I could provide measurements. First though, do you still have the lift lever on your tractor ? Kraigs pictures depict this in the cw-36 literature. The lift lever has a black grip and is ahead and to the left of the drivers seat.

Happy Friday to Everyone!!!
happy.gif
First of ... WELCOME KOEN!!!!
groupwave.gif
I see that you're profile states that you hail from Belgium.

WOW!!! Charlie's site literally brings us great people from ALL over the world. Charlie, Bryan, and Kraig are doing something more than great... Try words like FANTASTIC and AWESOME, etc. This wonderful site brings together Cub Cadet collectors that we'd otherwise never know of. THANK YOU gentlemen!!!

Koen H. Your little 70 is one nice find. Will you be returning it to the original colors eventually?

Gotta work this weekend. To All... Enjoy the day and be safe. Plus.. we've gained two new members in one day.... Yeppers... Charlie is definitely doing something right with this site.

I think I just made a quick fix on my steering into a big job. The steering was a bit loose so I put it up on stands, took the skid plate off and tried to adjust the cam follower. Well it just wasn't adjusting right so I took it out and found it was ground at the wrong angle by hand on a bench grinder I guess. So I looked through all my parts and found a new one and found out its not threaded all the way. Looked it up and its not supposed to be threaded all the way. So I ground the end down till it screwed into the plate and adjusted the steering. I have no play now but its got some tight spots. Will the tight spots get better in time or should I be looking for a different steering column? And why did IH make the cam follower to be installed from the inside?

Keith O.
Usually when you install a new follower that takes care of the tight spots.The gear is much harder than the follower and that is why if you try to adjust the play out of the steering you end up with real tight spots.A good question why didn't I.H. roll those threads over the entire length of the follower.Maybe they wanted us to get our hands dirty.

Actually, IH bought the complete steering gearbox off of TRW ROSS GEAR.

Latest posts

Back