• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Looks like they were included with the CW36 snowthrower and they were installed like "BFH" did AND with the slotted truss head screws.
dunno.gif
bash.gif

66086.jpg

... and he didn't install it backwards as your 11:35am post clarifies. His mount just wasn't as big .
bouncy.gif

KENtucky, I'm ahead of you, go back and reread my post on the archived page.
wedgie.gif
<font size="-2">Yeah, "BFM" is a company that I'm part owner of, we own the building that we work in......, I corrected my posts.</font>

I'll bet that picture is what started the whole "interfere with the steering" idea. That sticks out a whole lot further than a bolt in a mule drive would.

In attaching such a blade to a non-QA tractor, I would go with a hunk of 1/2" rod and 2 pins...

Question, do I have the left side mule drive hangar where it is supposed to go.... up against the "pipe" and hangar with the spring? When the old 1/2" hangar rod broke a couple years back I opted not to drill for cotter pins in the shaft as that is where it broke so I'm making "pipe" spacers for either side of the pulley hangars.

66090.jpg

Oh yea, day three on trying to get the steering wheel off. Maybe I need a bigger hammer...

66091.jpg

Richard T.,
What are you spraying on your steering wheel attaching nut to loosen it?

I had a time removing a steering wheel from an old 125 a few months back. I applied KROIL every day and as i recall, it took OVER A WEEK for it to finally come loose. Yep, I was using the same method as you are - with the big fine-threaded 5/8" bolt method as delineated in FAQ #13....

Have patience,,,,,,,it'll come off.
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, PB blaster..... and on the third whack this afternon we had lift off.
thumbsup_old.gif

The pipe spacer mod. to avoid drilling holes in the shaft where the forces of tension are and the steering wheel detached from the Cub.

66096.jpg

I'll take the mule drive components apart tonight and prep. everything for the paint that hopefully comes in on Thurs. so I can get this worker back to grass duty.

I was cleaning some grease off rims the other day and tried several different cleaners. This stuff (ZEP) sure out performed everything else, including simple green.

66098.jpg

Richard C.

The only thing that picture lacks is the formula for the stuff written on the now classic cardboard in the backround.
lol.gif

Sneak peek of what's to come:
New 284 style nose cone...
66102.jpg

and the paint thus far reassembly begins, man it is hard to not hurt the soft paint (even when dry...)
66103.jpg

oh, and Charlie's screwdriver to the release valve worked great (bailing wire worked too...)

Please tell me you have the ports on that lift cylinder capped off...
Are you going to change the grille insert in any way? To me the redundant IH emblems look a bit strange, but maybe that's just me.
screwloose.gif

Hello
I've got an oil leak at the front of my 782 with an 18hp Kohler Magnum over on the left side(if faceing the front).Is there any common problem I should look for? Thanks
ihrotate.gif

James,
Others are thinkin it, so I'll say it.
Have you looked around to see where it might be coming from, specifically?
wink.gif

naw I wuz a thinkin he neads ta git sum kitty kat litter an putt under et
beer2.gif

James-
It could be the oil filter lines...

66112.jpg

They have a tendancy to weep oil right through the lines themselves after a few years.

Latest posts

Back