Archive through October 01, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
facepalm.gif
roflol.gif

Mike.no stay away from [tdc].just roll till you get the most clearance on the exhaust clearance ..you didnt say now much clearance you have on the valve ,should be .017to .020[cold] the c/r stays open till you reach 600 rpm .which you can not get too with your starter.hope this helps .David

KRAIG - Well, I was just answering Mike's question plus adding some clarification. Plus I work second shift.

I have some brush mixed with 5" thick limbs and leaves to push back for a guy in town that I mow grass for. I think Chained will be better with turf tires for traction over weighted tru powers.

263344.jpg

The power angle will make it slick .

263345.jpg

I do wish I had the 54" blade sub frame modified to work.

263346.jpg

1650 update: Ready to install the hood, bought an IH logo from a QL from Tom H (thanks!) for the grill, but need to chase the frame threads before bolting things down. Other than bolting the cast iron grill down to the frame, any words of wisdom I need to lookout for? Also need to clean and reinstall the air cleaner and check out the PTO. Need to put the seat on and a left front tire. My goal is to drive this tractor around this weekend!

greenthumb.gif

Bill: Make sure of the side clearance on the dash end of the hood before torking it down.
I've been trimming a piece of chair leg pad to fit the underside of the nosepiece where it touches the grill to save on paint chips on my QL's

Don your tires make me pose my question,
I am hoping to go to Buck Creek Plow Day-see plow day annoucments
So do I run turf with chains and a IH 24 pounder or liquid loaded worn ags?
This will be my first plow day if I make it.
and it will be on the 169.

And on another note I went ahead and took the opinions and lined up the holes at 90 degrees, and some fresh paint.

263351.jpg

263352.jpg

jeff l baker

As you can see my tru power are near new . I did use them when I plowed a large garden for a friend this spring. I used 50 lb of weight and had no problems with traction . But where I will be using the tractor this time it is very steep slope so I added the turf tires with chains and two IH weights per wheel.I hope to not do any damage to the sod and have better traction . I think chained and weight are the best traction with turf tires. I will let you know how it goes with a few action pictures.

Donald T, Are you installing the turf tires with the chains and weights already installed or did you install the tire than weights and chains?

If installing as a complete assembly how are you tightening the lug bolts? Do you have any special setup?

Just curious
Thanks, Rich

Latest posts

Back