• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
BEN - Paint would be ALL PPG, and hardener in the CC. I have to trim around a lot of pine trees and it really takes a toll on hood paint.

Is the steering wheel for the 100 and 102/122 the same?
Terry

Go for it Dennis. Nice thing with Clear Coats a few scratches if not to deep will rub out with 2000 grit wet sand paper or even the "light" rubbing compounds. I plain like the shine it gives.

Pops

Terry, yes, they should be the same. The 70 however used a different style, more like the Original.

Terry-
What Kraig said, but I think the early 100's (big battery box models perhaps?) used the smaller steering wheel from the Originals and 70's..
dunno.gif

Art, I thought that too, as the early sales fliers show the same Original style steering wheel on the 100. But I'm not sure they made it to production???

Art, Tedd, Craig C., do you know if "Spot" began life as a 70 or as a 100? As Spot has the Original style steering wheel....
66001.gif

I thought I remembered discussion that "Spot" started out as a 70 with a 10hp engine in it, but then again, I'm not Craig or Tedd.
clown.gif

BEN - We painted the bumper & chin spoiler on Son's truck last winter, it was semi-gloss black powder coat and We used base coat/clear coat with hardener in just the clear coat. He's got a couple rock chips in the paint but otherwise it still looks fine. Like You say, scratches & scuffs polish out. It's IH 2150 red or at least VERY close to IH red and I was amazed how nice the color coat went down. VERY good coverage. And the shine is really nice too.
ihrotate.gif

Lets add another question to the discussion..
Does anybody know if the replacement muffler for a 169 represents the original one close?

This diagram doesn't look like the one that just burned off my tractor this past week, but then again it's just a parts diagram.
66004.jpg

Man, you want to scare the Ba-Jeeses out of someone... Put earplugs in their ears, safety goggles on thier face and let them run a 169 with a 59M chipper shredder on the front for about 45 minutes and then have the rusty end cap of the muffler decide to fall off right as he's tossing more material into the hopper. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
flame.gif

...and "yes" I was wearing real shoes, not sandals!
wink.gif

Art, didn't the 169 have the bigger muffler? Is the heat shield in your 169 like these?

66006.jpg

66007.jpg

Art, is it supposed to look like this one? I recall that these were NLA but I could be wrong... At least I recall them being sold as a "Quiet Kit" along with the different heat shield or something like that. Perhaps it's only the kit that's NLA..
dunno.gif

66009.jpg

The exploded view of the 16hp looks nearly the same as the 14hp but the muffler part number is different. Better call Scott.....

Kraig-
Yea, except the entire end-cap is now missing from mine.
flame.gif

...but like you said, it's bigger than a 12hp muffler, yet the diagram makes it look like a standard muffler mounted horizontally.

I'd guess a better description of the stock muffler is that it's fatter and shorter than a 10/12hp version. I'd like to keep it as "stock" as possible.

Art and Kraig Yes the Early 100's had the original style Steering wheel. My #65885 has one on it. Thanks Merton of Eastern North Carolina

Merton, thanks for verifying that for us!
thumbsup.gif

Art, time to give Scott M. a call, I bet he has one.

So the nephew calls me the the day and says that he needs a hand pulling the Ol' Dear John into the garage. The Lil' Cubbie had no problem!!!
66011.jpg

Tom H.,thats a GREAT shot of a little tractor that could!!! Seems like I remember an advertisement back in the 70's where they show a cubbie pulling a big ol' fat boat like maybe a cabin cruiser or something like that. Does anyone else remember that one or is it just me? Kraig?

Been getting the snow removal equipment ready for the up comming season and I have a question about a QA-36 snowthrower.
Does the bar seen here
66022.jpg

belong there? as it looks to have only been tacked welded on.
Here is what it looks like today wile I was working on it.
66023.jpg

Another question, I know it has been answered 100 times befor but I cant rember the answer.
What type of oil / grease do I run in the gear box
66024.jpg

I am thinking 80W-90W.
Heres are some more of the photos I took of the QA-36, Replaced the missing grease fitting on the left side, also had to tighten up the shaft as it had to much side to side movement and that is what took out the grease fitting.
66025.jpg

Had to rebuild the skids for the snowthrower as there where worn down.
66026.jpg

66027.jpg

66028.jpg

Heres the replacement metal I am going to use, cut from an old bent up deck subframe
66029.jpg

66030.jpg

Back