• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 01, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed H.:
Welcome to the forum for
ihrotate.gif
Cub Cadets. I think the model you're inquiring about is a non-IH product (produced after IH sold the garden tractor division to MTD) and will need to be discussed elsewhere. Re the price, assessing values on equipment is verboten on this forum as well. (Sorry) I'd look through the local papers for comparable prices. Good luck.

Gov: <font size="+2">GO SOX</font>

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 117
Roland B.

Thanks for the picture.
Would that be a restored 122 by any chance?
If so, looks mighty fine.
Great job!!

Robert Legare

Kraig,

Looks like a 149... hyd. lift, manual PTO, dash decal/tin all look like a xx9 tractor.

Kraig,
I'll bet your right on the weight, that's why it's not coming off. LOL
I'm gonna put my Super Blower QA36A on it and dump that QA42A. All our sidewalks around here are only 38"
31054.jpg

Attachments

• 31054.jpg
    31054.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 31054.jpg
    31054.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 134
Steve,
Thought you'd be harvesting today.
Question: you mentioned that you got 137 bushels per acre. What do you typically get during a non-drought year? Also, what does the percentage mean (relative to moisture) that you posted. Just curious.
It's good news that the crop wasn't a disaster.

Kraig, Do you have any snowblower problems becuase your driveway is gravel? I have gravel also and have been hesitant using the blower on it. Suppose its not wise to aim the snow towards windows! I also have some difficulty getting the K321 started in colder weather, it cranks awful slow.

Lynn F,
My front drive and the back lot are all gravel.
Once you get used to not diggin in, there's not much to raking up a little rock in the spring.
I do have to Slip-plate the chute every other year though.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the weights and chains on the 169 with a snowthrower. I'm going to tell Dad to keep the turf tires and chains and be careful not to spin them. He had so much fun restoring that 169 that maybe I can talk him into doing my 1650.

I went to the Tri-county pullers pull on saturday. I couldn't figure out why a guy brought a nicely painted 122 to it. A little later the anounced that the neighborhood class was next. If I would have known, I would have had the 1650 there all set up for plowing. The 122 only had a couple 782s with turfs and a 1862 with turfs to pull against. Needless to say it was no contest. Here is a picture of the 122.
31062.jpg

Attachments

• 31062.jpg
    31062.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 31062.jpg
    31062.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 131
Do one of our sponsors have the 90 degree exhaust piece that you put on the end of your muffler to direct the exhaust towards the side? I'm looking for one to put on an 82 series tractor.

Ray,

Dad and I were, out cutting beans this evening!!!

Our corn yields are typically 170-195 bu/acre (dry #2 corn).

The percentage I gave is the moisture content of the grain. Corn is typically harvested at 17-28% moisture and then dried (with large natural gas or LP fired dryers) by the elevator to 14.5-15% moisture for storage (to prevent rotting). Corn fit for storage is called "#2 corn" and at that moisture weighs 56#/bu. Since your crop is measured by weight, the elevator operator measures the average moisture of each load of grain as it is being weighed on the scale before it is dumped. The wet corn is then "shrunk" to 14.5/15% #2 corn and you get credit for your dry bushells. Elevators charge for drying on a sliding scale, usually about $.01-.02/1% moisture/bushell. You have to weigh air drying in the field against drying costs and field losses and decide if it's right to pick at xx% vs. letting it dry in the field to a lower %...it's a big game.....

Some people like to quote "wet" Bu/acre (it looks better because it's a bigger number), but the only way to compare apples to apples is to state yields at the "standard" #2 corn moisture.

In farmer speak..."take the wet bushells, figure the shrink, and get dry bushells".....

Soybeans are not dried at the elevator, instead they are only accepted if the moisture is less than 13-14% depending on your elevator. Higher moistures result in a $ penality/bu. The idea here is to harvest 12-13% beans to maximize your weight (yield), but avoid a dock. We were cutting beans that tested 11.9% tonight...not too bad.....

Charlie,
Mr. Will took time yesterday morning to send me a reply along with a fairly large file to download at school, and an offer to help with some things in the future. I've never had the chance to meet him (same as a lot of the rest of the helpful people on this forum), but that didn't seem to matter to him. Seems like a great guy.
I wanted a sample of a good drawing done before the use of any type of CAD software. I have now realized that not only was the drawing done before my students were born, but also before many (if not most) of their parents were born. I was in Miss Gilbert's fourth grade class. I'm glad it's been preserved. The drawing, not me being in fourth grade.

STEVE - Excellent description of corn & bean terminology. Only question I have is I thought dry shell corn was 60#/bu, and ear corn was 56#/bu. Unfortunately it's been too many years and I can't remember what soybeans weigh. I remember oats were 32#.
On a side note My 982 Died on Me a week ago after making the first pass across the front yard mowing so the 72 got mowing duty AGAIN! Sure acted like it (the 982) ran out of gas, which would mean a bad fuel pump or carb rebuilt time. Why the fuel pump even worked at ALL was a mystery to Me, the vacume line from the crankcase wasn't even hooked up inside the blower housing! Coil tested fine, but the engine lost spark when running after about 10 to 30 seconds. My inductive timing light would just shut off and the engine would die. The ignition points looked like they had been dipped in 90W gear oil and rolled around in dust & dirt! Couple quick shots of Brake-Kleen and compressed air and it runs great now! Neat set of points, about like GM points that You can adjust with an allen wrench, but there's no place on the ONAN to set timing with a timing light I could find in My manuals! Did I mention I REALLY don't like ONAN engines?

Charlie, Steve, darn I forgot that the 149 has the 1x5/1x7 style hydro control. :eek:)

Lynn, I made some custom skids for my QA42 that hold it up a little higher so it doesn't pick up gravel. Also I don't clear it down to the gravel I let the first few snow falls stay on the driveway and I let it pack down so I have a 2" base of hardpack. Makes it a bit messy come spring but it works good all winter. I have a slight slope on a portion of my driveway but I never have trouble getting in or out with the car or truck. I've never had a guest have trouble getting up the drive either.

31064.jpg

I made the rusty skids in 1991 (They weren't rusty after I made them, that took a year or so), and the shiny skids in 2000 when I refurbished my QA42.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 04, 2005)

Attachments

• 31064.jpg
    31064.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 31064.jpg
    31064.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 135
Denny, sounds like the Onan CCKB in my AC620. It'll be running along fine then it'll spit and sputter and then die. I have to clean all the oil from the points and then it'll be fine again for a while. Also mine has a habbit of killing the sparkplug in the left cylinder. I have to keep a supply of sparkplugs on hand. Anyone have any ideas why the sparkplugs go bad in the left cylinder? I suppose I should put new plug wires on it but I can't see how that would make a plug go bad. And yes I have swapped the plugs side to side and the one from the left cylinder is bad.

Bruce, Hank is a first class act for sure!

Ray -

Yeah, the <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">RED</font></font> ones!
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 125
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 124
KRAIG - I wasn't real excited when I saw how the plug wires contact the connectors in the coil. At least on My 982 the caps thread onto the towers of the coil. I've had one plug foul in five years and about 100 hours. I think it was the left one too. I imagine that coil is REAL expensive also.
I keep thinking about all the little Lincoln & Miller portable welders/generators that have been built in the last 30 years that use those ONAN engines. They sit outside on top of service & welding trucks in the weather constantly and run and run and run. Not sure what this ONAN will get replaced with but it won't be another ONAN. The oil filter for it which fits inside My clapsed hands costs more than the filter for My Powerstroke diesel. I heard parts were expensive but I never imagined they were this bad.

Bryan:
Turncoat. . .
war.gif

Go <font size="+2">PALE HOSE!!!!</font>
Lunch?

Steve B.:
Fascinating!
I take it that Soybeans dry quicker than corn which explains why the farmers around my region are already harvesting them. Also explains why one sees corn standing sometimes well into December. . .
I suppose corn, being what it is, (more cubic feet of plant per acre) will take longer to dry. . .
Was out Saturday mulching around the trees, stopped to take a break, and heard a gleaner going in a field on the other side of the woods. It was a pleasant, calm, fall sunny day where all the sudden I realized I'd been subconsciously hearing the white noise from the machine all day long.

Attachments

• war.gif
    war.gif
    3 KB · Views: 127
  • war.gif
    war.gif
    3 KB · Views: 125
Denny, if the Onan in my AC620 dies (provided I don't sell the tractor first but I'd need to find another loader tractor) I'd like to replace it with a Honda. I know of several AC620 and it's sister the Simplicity 9024 that have had a Honda repower. I think it's Small Engine Warehouse that makes the kit for it. Nice but spendy!

31067.jpg

Attachments

• 31067.jpg
    31067.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 31067.jpg
    31067.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 128
Ray -

If I grew up down dere, den maybe I'd be da turncoat.

Boss here today, tomorrow? And maybe I won't be coughing and hacking as much.

Morning bus driver STILL can't get the "GO SOX" to work on the LED signs...

Back