• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 01, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,
And the Manufacturers are going to send them to you free???

I'm not saying "Bend over and spread 'em", but ever hear of the saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"? After some sponcer bashing they might not have any of the parts that you really need <font size="-2">(Ya' know what I mean???)</font>.

Matt, besides if you wanted to take about an hour drive, you could go meet Ken in person and pick up the blades. It would only be about 100 miles round trip. I was wondering where you got your prices because I only paid about $45 for Gator blades for my 50" deck. I just hope you didn't get your prices from that place in Machesney Park. I found out years ago after talking to Ken that he bumps his prices up about 10-15% above list. When I rebuilt my 129, I saved over $50 by ordering them from Ken. It more than paid for my gas at that time.

Beautiful day in Northern Maine!
Now have 2 running 129's in the "fleet" and a question. The last one that followed me home has the ser. # on the left side of the frame (507562) and the other on the rear housing (461759). Input in dividing line??
I'm very proud of our Cubs, they're real, honest-to-God tractors that will stand up to use and abuse.

Tom F...bar tires and dual IH weights on each wheel should do just fine. He won't be shoving snow...rather driving through it since he's using a thrower and not a snow blade.

Charlie,
I have no problem buying the book. I wanted to enlarge the drawing and put it on the wall so it can be seen by more than one kid at a time.
As an alternative, do you know of some way I can make the kids smaller?

Hidy Ho folks --

Nice and humid down here at the Opryland Convention Center at the CC Dealer Show. Spent a good while visiting and gawking at stuff. They have this cool history walk set up that includes a chronology of nice tractors like an original, 100, 125, 1250, and others and a few earlier CCC units too. Haven't taken any pics yet, but I will.

Got my table all set up too and even had room to display some stuff on a few of our favorite magazines and newsletters.

Lifted the hood on the new 2550 45th edition. Back to a plastic hood that opens up from the front...really nice plastic I might add. Saw a bunch of other stuff that belongs inthe other topic too like a 4X4 CC UV.

OK off to breakfast and then to meet the public.

Later.

Hank

Tom F., looks like your father did an excellent job on that 169!!!!

Hank, Sounds like a fun place to be. Please take a bunch of pictures!!! :eek:)

Bruce M,
Now there's a thought! Shrink the little buggers, yea! that's the ticket! LOL

I'm sure as soon as things settle down a little for Hank, he will come back and answer everyone's questions about pics and what you can and can't do.

I'm thinking that he's a little overwhelmed with everything that's going on to get it promoted and out to the public. I can only imagine how many questions he gets in a day.
And right now he's in the middle of the BIG BOY'S and the nations top 1000 dealers, I magine he's a tad bit busy.

I recently purchased a nice Cub Cadet 147. It came with wheel weights, chains, plow blade and 42 mower deck. Gentlemen, I am a Cub Cadet novice.
So I come to u for some help. I have an electric deck lift. It is a screw drive with a motor on top. It was working until I attempted to put the deck on.When I tried to lift the deck, the unit broke. I took it off and opened it and found the screw drive had unscrewed from the gear base. Repaired it and it worked again until I tried to lift the mower deck again. I think I must have the deck on wrong and it is trying to lift but it can't and it is straining it and unscrewing itself. Anyone out there have any experience with these lifts. Am I on the right track? Is my deck on incorrectly? THis is my first attempt at mounting the deck. With the deck off, it lifts nicely. I am assuming this lift is strong enough and has enough torque to lift what is normally attached to it. By the way, do I need the 4 bolts to hold the deck attachment(don't know what it is called, its a yellow frame that goes on before the deck) to the frame.

Thank You
Ralph

Tom Fesenmyer - I personally wouldn't even get out of My shop with My snow blower if I didn't mount tire chains. It still takes a bit of effort to push a snow blower into the snow. If Your Dad's drive & walks are really level He may get along O-K but I suggest He hangs a LOT of weight on the back. Ag tires I find are not much better on snow/ice than turf tires. I actually find that driving cautiously WITH chains and not spinning My wheels doesn't damage My concrete drive. I suspect a sealed blacktop drive would be much slicker, therefore harder to grip.

Denny speaks the truth.......rubber + ice = slip + no go

....Chains + ice = keep moving......

Cubsman,
I have a model# 122 that I'm about to start restoring, can anyone tell me if there was a rear light available for this tractor?
Would a grote light have been a proper option?

Thanks
Robert Legare

Robert,
A Grote light would be correct. My 123 has one.

Ralph I,

My electric lift on my 127 will run to the end of its movement and not have any problems breaking. I use it mostly to lift a front blade and thrower, which requires more force than lifting a deck. The rock shaft (#10 in drawing) should move freely when the lockin clip(#13) is in up position (float), within the limit allowed by #11. Where are you having a problem with the lift ie, housing #6?

The mule drive/ deck hanger carrige mounts in the front under the grill and hangs form the rock shaft toward the rear. No bolts should be needed.

You should a least try to get an operators manual for the 147 and mower desk. See sponsor above.
Someone may post a picture of a mower deck on a xx6/7 series. I don't have one handy

31041.jpg

Attachments

• 31041.jpg
    31041.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 31041.jpg
    31041.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 172
Robert L:

Like this....
31045.jpg

Attachments

• 31045.jpg
    31045.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 31045.jpg
    31045.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 146
I agree with Denny and Steve. A snowthrower weighs a lot more than a dozer blade so you'll need lots of weight on the back to compensate and more then likely you'll need chains too. I only weigh about 190lbs with a full stomach so I need all the extra weight on my 125 that I can get. My driveway is gravel so I don't care about spinning wheels but with this setup I don't have much wheel spin. Those are 3/4" thick steel plates and there are 3 of them, I've never weighed them so I don't know how much weight I have on the back but it sure works nice. :eek:)

31047.jpg

31048.jpg

And yes, it falls into the ugly but effective category. FWIW it was on the 125 when I bought it. I did add some extra support, see the angle iron across the stock drawbar and from the axles back to below the weights. The original setup was just hung from the fenders and they were bending under all that weight. I also added the extended drawbar.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 03, 2005)

Attachments

• 31048.jpg
    31048.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 31047.jpg
    31047.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 31048.jpg
    31048.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 31047.jpg
    31047.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 146
help.gif

poof.gif

<font color="ff0000">It would be the right forum but the wrong topic - except for the rules here - please read them</font>

Attachments

• poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 135
  • help.gif
    help.gif
    931 bytes · Views: 138
  • poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 158
  • help.gif
    help.gif
    931 bytes · Views: 141
Kraig,
I have one of those, almost. It's got 360 pounds in it plus the battery, LOL
31051.jpg

31050.jpg

Attachments

• 31050.jpg
    31050.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 31051.jpg
    31051.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 31051.jpg
    31051.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 31050.jpg
    31050.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 138
Charlie, and I bet the cab on yours weighs a bunch more then my <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> windbreaker cab. Is that a 147?

Back