• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last winter, while cleaning snow from a neighbor's driveway with my QA-42A, I hit the raised edge of a crack in the concrete. I wasn't using BRS, but it still bent the wear edge pretty bad. I tried to straighten it, but wasn't very successful - it wore pretty unevenly after that. Thanks to Aaron at Xtreme Motorworks, I have a nice, new, straight wear edge now. Here's a couple pics of the old one - do you agree it was time to replace it?

323772.jpg

323773.jpg

Once those bend...it's a struggle....Aaron's new one is the best plan!

Don't forget to set your skid shoes so that the cutting edge is just off the ground (1/8" - 1/4" is good) to help prevent damage to the new one.

Snow removal math:

BRS + Blade = good (if you stay on the seat!)

BRS + Thrower = bad.......

BRS + full angle blade + icy gravel ridge on neighbors lane + blade trip = carnival ride 180 ...yee haw, punch the clutch and hang on!!!!!........ I needed to turn around anyway, right?!?!?!?

Taken about 3 sec. before that last math equation was solved....

323775.jpg

And while we are on snow removal pics....a few from the archive...

782 getting it done...

323777.jpg

323778.jpg

Dad's old 100 in 1978...

323779.jpg

323780.jpg

Steve -

I still need to check/adjust the shoes, but will be sure to do so after I get it mounted on the 782 this weekend.

I like your math equations - the last one made me laugh right out loud! Too bad that still photo wasn't a video - I'd love to see that "turn on a dime" maneuver!

I also like the 782 pics - that's what my thrower is mounted on and I love it, especially with that level of snow as you had there - easy to keep the thrower loaded. I don't have a cab, though, so I end up looking more like 6'6" version of your old Frosty pic!

Going back a few weeks, I mounted the 59M on my 149 to wrap up the yard work for the season. I love this thing. Made quick work of the several huge piles of leaves I had accumulated. A sizable pile of branches too. The wet stuff will clog if you don't take it easy.

323803.jpg

323804.jpg

323805.jpg

323806.jpg

Harry,

I don't have a shop/garage yet. All my finished cubs are in the basement, along with sensitive smoke detectors.

Quite often, when I start the SCAG, they go off.
dunno.gif

Tim M.
It's been tried many times with no success that I've ever heard of.
There's issues with where the holes go.
Seems the spots what need to be tapped go into places they shouldn't, LOL

Mike F,

When the shredder grate gets plugged up with wet stuff like in your photo, I've found that feeding some small limbs in a few at a time will help clean out the wet stuff pretty quick. The wood chips help knock the wet crud off and out to clean up the system. Make sure you wear your Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), safety glasses/goggles and gloves are a must when using a shredder.

Back