• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was attached to this, LOL
318360.jpg

David S.
I had to find something to put in your box besides those damn funnel things!
biggrin.gif

Can't say as I've had anyone order just 3 deck wheels though!
roflol.gif

I've seen a lot worse steering fixes than that one. A least he got the mechanics of it right !!!

Hey guys. Just checking in after a long summer of running in lots of circles.

If anyone recalls I bought a 127 last spring. I pulled the front axle out of it early summer to fix all the worn parts.

I made a purchase from the local Mcmaster Carr and got me some new bushings to fix the pivot and steering wear. It took me all year to get around to getting time to set them up in the horizontal mill at work and drill/ream the holes and press the new bushings in. I'm sure the bushings are now .001 or so under with the press fit. I thought of reaming them to size but the spindles are lightly worn so I'm just polishing them to fit. One done, the steering side needs the arm pin hole reamed to .354 and a metric pin installed. The original .312 hole is wallered out enough I figure to just upsize it slightly and use a metric pin. I was going to weld the holes and redrill it, but this seems like an easier fix.

I was hoping to find the white in a rattle can, going to check with my buddy down at Napa and see what he can do. I know they have paint, but not sure they can make spray cans. I don't want to get into mixing/spraying it for just two rims. This isn't a full on resto, just a clean up and make better.

I know, pics or it didn't happen, but don't have any at hand to post. I'll try to get some for later after I get the axle put back in. Likely take a few more weeks til that happens. I can't make enough time anymore to work faster. Plus it is parked in front of the garage, not inside, and the weather is turning cold.

Larry-welcome back...if there one thing I’ve learned in this hobby is persistence,patience more persistence a little more patience and a whole lotta swearin LOL

This should make life a little easier for Cub projects. I've had the lift for years. Decided to make more use of it than just changing the Harley fluids and cleaning it a couple of times a year. Already had the extensions sitting around. A previous owner had cut a 16' aluminum walk board in half to make ramps out of it. I wouldn't have done it, but they came in handy

318369.jpg

I see Charlie has a care package coming my way today.

I found out that there is no 9mm roll pins available(8 or 10). Hmmm, hate to have to weld the holes shut and then redrill them. To get them all aligned and drilled is a pain in the butt. Not sure if a tapered pin will hold over the long term? Maybe if I peen the ends?

Growing up my '66 100 had a bolt through the steering arm and it was wallered out bad.

Larry: I like the taper pin repair. If it loosens up a little just give it a tap. I think the secret is not to get over enthusiastic with the original reaming. Also, if you just plan on doing one it's cheaper to borrow the reamer. Of course, it's always cheaper to borrow!
happy.gif

Back