• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
But I don't dance!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Charlie, nice setup. Bummer that NOS blade didn't hold the paint. Hmmm, I have a dual stick 1450 collecting dust in the pole barn at the family farm. Unfortunately I don't have a blade or a hydraulic angle setup.
sad.gif

Charlie,

Nice blade setup. Be sure to put a deflector shield or a 90-degree elbow on the exhaust pipe outlet so you don't get the black carbon discoloration on the NOS paint, albeit its kind of sad shape. That is one thing I never liked about the QL's w/front mounted attachments. The heat from the engine and exhaust also caused snow to stick, melt and freeze while blading or throwing.

I've read more freezing complaints during the use of the snow throwers and blowers. The guys usually remedy with simple solutions. How about gathering leaves with the IH lawn sweeper,..... using a Quiet Line! Noise, heat, and exhaust now dispersed far from tractor operator, in these all-new Quiet Line models, which carried on through some of the 82 Series garden tractors.

Looks like a 54", there Charlie. Can't say I ever seen a new blade with paint gone like that, lol! So you have the 54", I have the 56", and back in the archives, noted Steve's 58" snow blade. I'll have to say, snow blading with an IH Cub Cadet is very effective, fun, low cost, easy on lawn, and can push a pile up so high the front wheels can get over 3' off the ground!

a---allalone.gif

Charlie, so when do we get to see your front tires?
dunno.gif

I was hoping to have the rear weight bracket and the TerraGrips today, but that didn't happen. I was going to take a pic of it ready to go. So I moved it to the corner until my mood changes or the snow flies.
Seems the winter doldrums are coming early this year. That and I'm freaking tired of dumba$$ people that can't fill an order right to save their lives or jobs, so I canned 2 today and will plug along until I can find another batch of no brained monkeys that can fill 3 orders and not screw up 2! Grrrrrrrrrr

Good luck Charlie. We've needed help at work for several months now (Chrysler dealer), a parts driver, porters, service writers, and techs. We've had NO applicants for techs, hired two writers last week (with 0 experience, and 1 quit today), maybe 1 porter, and parts just gave the most reliable porter the driving job (they had 1 guy apply that could only work 4 hours to not mess up his unemployment, another couldn't sit more than 15 minutes because of back issues, and the last wouldn't start until 10 because he doesn't get up that early (job starts at 7:30am)).

On another note my cousin came over saturday and welded the cam stop hub in my 782 and I'm ready for winter now.

Charlie, Brian, I hear this from all over the place. Seems like no one wants to work. My brother is the parts manager at a John Deere/Arctic Cat/Yamaha dealer and he's been having trouble finding good help for several years now.
1a_scratchhead.gif

DIgger,Brian,Kraig..this is major problem across the board we’ve had the exact same problems you all have described at the Chevrolet dealership I work at

Brian, Kraig, Ethan:

In less than a year, I will be looking for a parts delivery job. I will certainly keep you guys in mind.

Brian W,I’ve been a parts counterman for about 12 years.Ive been a my current job 6 years in April...that kind of longevity in one place is unheard of in this day in age,on another note I’ve been showering so much attention to my 1450 lately I’ve kinda been ignoring my 125..... I decided to start the 125 tonight and shake off the cob webs,weeellll it decided to get a small amount of revenge on me it took a long time of cranking and feathering the choke to start it,when the 125 did finally take I noticed it wasn’t charging properly....some how I have no idea one of the s/g wires had loosened up and fallen off the s/g,the nut was gone to boot well I solved that by reattaching the wire and it ran like a top afterwards....has anyone else had a “jealous”tractor????

Ethan, those 125s do have a special personality, it's probably why I like them so much...

Slant Tongue.gif

Just when you think you've seen it all, LOL
I asked the guy why the key and keyway, and what Cub it came off of, but never got a reply.
318346.jpg

318347.jpg

Maybe someday we can have a long talk with that boy:

Narrow Frame steering spindle taper pin repair:

#7 taper reamer and taper pin, both carried by McMaster-Carr. The pins come in packs of 10 for $8.13 plus s/h which is reasonable and fast ($5 to me). Washers on top of the spindle help make it really tight (not my original idea, stolen from a former post).
happy.gif

Not strange, Ethan. It's a narrow frame left steering spindle.
happy.gif

Modified.
happy.gif
happy.gif

My fix for a narrow frame sloppy left steering spindle---Drill out spindle and steering arm and install the next largest spiral roll pin. There's plenty of meat on both pieces to drill out larger. Done this many times on tractors I have or had. Its hard for the correct police to even notice the repair.

Got my other "parts from many models" tractor cleaned up today from plowing gardens yesterday. I call this one my "120" since it has a 12hp engine. My decal guy did a good job!

318351.jpg

318352.jpg

Frank-I’d say heavily modified,was this guy trying to adapt it another purpose other than a steering component,I guess we may never know unless this guy gets back to Digger

Latest posts

Back