• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 26, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Richard T.
217019.gif

Well, I posted earlier this week about my Cub 149 rev'ing very high when I throttled up. I adjusted the governor like everyone told me to do and I think that fixed the problem. I still need to adjust a few things but I think this adjustment fixed the main problem. I attached two pics of my 149. I am currently in the process of giving my tractor a makeover so that is why the hood is missing. I have just about everything painted except the hood and the rear fenders. I am going to sandblast and paint the snowblade and 48" deck next. I am gonna use the blade this winter I believe before I fix it up. Can't wait until I am done and then it's time to fix up the 127 I got for $50.

JB
217026.jpg

217027.jpg

I forgot to ask. I think I found an engine for my 127. If you aren't familiar with my recent purchase, I bought a 127 for $50 but I think the connecting rod is broke. A local man has a 1250 that he fixed up and had the engine rebuilt about a year or so ago. Will a 12hp Kohler out of a 1250 fit a narrow frame 127? I am kind of doubting it will because I know the 1250 mounts differently.

will a MODEL 551 snowblower fit a 982 cub cadet. The blower was on a 2284 cub cadet. Thanks

JB-

Putting the 1250 engine in the 127 isn't really worth the trouble...you'd have to change a lot of things. You can fix the current engine, you know...

Or better yet, sell the 127 and buy the 1250.

Any members in western CT area? jst getting started with the machines I have

How does one go about making a Killer Kohler? Is this just a nick name? Or are there some type of engine kits to make an awesome engine even more so?

I've seen a lot of beautifully restored engines on here. Hope to someday add some of my K161 pictures and CCO when I'm all done. Now just boxes of parts in various stages of derusting, and primered parts. I'm starting to forget what goes where also, so I've been working daily to get this done.

animatedihbear.gif

All that's left for the 125 to be complete for snow throwing is adding the weight to the rack.

it's flurrying now as I type
shhh.gif

Quick question for those that have replaced thier shoes on thier snow blades... do you paint them? Didnt realize they come unpainted but wonder if the paint really holds up anyhow. Unless I bring it inside to paint (wife will be thrilled) I dont have much a choice at this stage of the game, so just wondering if it does anything or just wears off anyhow?

Tristan
Here's a cold weather painting tip ( when you have no other choice ).

I heat my parts before painting on the heater ( a propane torch would work too ) and then spray them outside. I keep them in the shed to dry/cure too. Not the best way to do it but better than bare parts.

I would paint the shoes as that would help prevent rust.

Jeff

Tristan - I agree with Jeff; even a bad paint job would be better than none. Only the bottom surface area that contacts the ground will lose paint, but unpainted the whole thing will begin to rust.

Now that's a full two cents worth, isn't it?
dunno.gif

OK, I'll try to paint it... other thought is I have a sample can of Fluid Film (a spray on rust preventetive) that I havent tried yet. Would spraying it prevent rust or not nearly work as well?

Somone local is selling a Cub Cadet 268 two stage Snowblower. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I never have. I attached a picture. It is made by IH. He wants $250 for it. It seems very neat and I kind of want it.
217051.jpg

I've got a question... I bought a hydraulic lift unit for my 100 that I am restoring... But there arent any holes in the frame of the 100. Is there an exact measurement and or a templet so that I am sure to get the lift pulley true with the motor pulley? Thanks Tyler

Latest posts

Back