• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 25, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Just in case we all forgot, this page is for,
Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

BURP.........

Mike-
Don't discount that plastic chute on your snowblower. My #450 blower has a plastic chute as well, and while I thought it was a bit wimpy when I first saw it, the plastic chutes are nice because they FLEX a bit so ice cannot stick to them. When the all of the metal-chutes are pluggin up, you and I keep pluggin along!
buttrock.gif

Melody-
Don't worry about "the bear". He may be a light sleeper, but he'll go right back to sleep soon.
err.gif

Ok Denny or someone !
I had a fuel line leak on my 62 Original and when for parts to repair the leak. I cleaned the carb , it had some crud in it.

233017.jpg

The parts guy told me that most times you just have to cut off the end and put on the new center fitting. He said you should not have to replace the outside part that the wrench (nut). Is this correct ? Should I go back and get the rest new??

233018.jpg

1a_scratchhead.gif
worthless.gif

Lucas Jones

Ok crs was set in here and could not remember what it is called lol. They did not have any of the nuts in stock ,so I will cut the line shorter and see if it leaks. I hate a gas smell in my shop.I have to run the 62 to the storage shed and pull the battery for winter. Ok a picture of my 61 and 62 Original.

233021.jpg

I installed all new parts, seems the old line was hard to bend and get lined up. so I made up all new line. Now off to get some gas for the test.

233037.jpg

Friction adjustment tool.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

Friction adjust (99.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>
With the battery out less than a minute to adjust the hydro control friction on a 147. I'm sure someone has posted this before but didn't remember seeing it.

Stupid smart phone!
Can anyone see a pic in that last post?
bash.gif

Glad you can see it Mike. I can't even see it myself. Shows up as a written code.
Anyway a 1 1/16 crowfoot and a breaker bar and follow the manual.

Took the words right out of my mouth Charlie. Appreciate you fixing that.

After I purchased this 1450, I started the engine & it ran fine, didn't smoke. I pulled it to fix the engine mount per cubfaq #23 & removed the head for the 500 hr. decarbonization. Looks like the exhaust valve got pretty hot at one time and partially melted the piston.

What do you think? Should I go ahead & run it, or should it be repaired?
233076.jpg

thumbsup_old.gif
After a week in Cabo San Lucas on the Pacific side of town no whales,no Cub Cadets but IH & Navistar trucks on the road! This puter still works too!Pics?

Norm B. My thoughts are to do an overhaul and that engine will last a long time for you.

Norm Bartee
Now I would use another std piston and new rigs,and hone that cylinder and give it a good work out .Check it for shape at the bottom of the bore. If it is good then I`am on as to what you have to do.Frank C told me awhile back these K`s are pretty much indestructible and I do now believe him.
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back