• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 25, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melody,
I suspect that the hydro linkage is either broken or the snap ring holding the linkage at the cam has failed\broken allowing the hydro to go full speed ahead. Had that snap ring come off of my 1450 and let's just say it wasn't pretty.
Cost me a bike for my granddaughter after said tractor ran over it before hitting the wall in my shop.

Terry B., nice job on the pulley!
thumbsup.gif

Don T., the new fuel line looks good!
thumbsup.gif
Did the fix hold?
dunno.gif

I will chime in on the current quality of mowers vs these IH Cub Cadet garden tractors.

I am a member of this group because I could not justify spending $2000 to 2800 on a big box store mower. Nor could I justify spending the $4000 - 8000 for a garden tractor at a dealer. I just stumbled onto my first IH Cub Cadet.

Kraig posted a price list that showed a 1981 782 tractor listed at $3850 (without any attachments!).
Using the government's CPI calculator, that $3850 tractor would cost over $9000 today.
jawdrop.gif

So, everyone agrees that the big box mowers are not near the same quality as the IH Cub Cadet garden tractors, but I suggest that this is not a fair comparison.
old.gif

I assume that if you went to a Cub Cadet Dealer and spent $9000 on a garden tractor you would have a pretty good piece of equipment.

Terry-
I agree with Kraig, nice job on the pulley.

I wish one of the sponsors would sell something like that as a LARGER replacement for the drive pulley on the back of an Original so that we could speed up those early (slow) transmissions. <font size="-2">(Hint, hint, hint....)</font>
whistling.gif

Kraig

yes that was the fix for the leak,I do need a new gas shut off , I broke the end off and it drips (sweats) from there.

I just got an email from a member about something I wanted to buy from the IH Cub Cadet Classifieds . Well I`am a little bumbed at the way this was handled. I agreed on his price but did not want to insure the item. The reason is simple ,I would pay 15 % tax on the insured value. I just wanted the item shipped with a tracking number so I could prove a loss if that did happen. Duty would have to be paid by me when I sign for the part ,so that can`t come back to the seller even if the item was refused by me..There I`am done
bash.gif
rant.gif

Just a fyi, the gear box gasket for the snow blower is apparently nla. I found one locally nos.
Charlie, can you still get them?

I just got my "new" 1450, and it's leaking gas like a screen door in a submarine. I believe it's comming from the carb. What do I need to do to fix this?

Latest posts

Back