• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 21, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan McShane
That is what I was doing with my meter ; I connected a wire to the F terminal and check for signal at the wires under the seat . Problems is I get signal from two wires and I only should get it from one wire I thought. I think I will remove the wire from the F terminal post and see if that works. any ideas ?

Harry B. yes I got #21 also. had to really work the guy and sweeten the deal by $20. The brackets I have look like someone cut a mule drive, I'll get pics tomorrow.

Don T. as we say in the auto repair biz. - resistance is futile. It only take one or two strands of wire to have continuity. You have to disconnect both ends of the wire to test for continuity. With the wire connected it will ground though the winding of the s/g. If you test that wire to ground it will show continuity or if tested to any other wire that is grounded with the tractor off.

Doug and Harry,

My blade manual for early Cub Cadets (70-100-71-102-122-123) show 2 different ways to mount the blade. One way is using the mower mounting bracket(manual calls it)-mule drive and the other way is the one Harry showed.

I use my mower-mule mounting bracket on my 100 to mount the blade.

To Dale's point...

292305.jpg

Don, Doug is right...take it off the SG and then try testing for continuity.

Thanks guys I will get it done in the morning. Funny about mounting blades . last week I let a friend that bought a Cub 147 have the brackets to mount a 42" blade . and these were the type for a NF that Harry mentions in his post with pictures . two separate brackets that require a bolt on each side through the frame . Thanks Guys

We had a heck of a time getting my front blade mounted on my 123 for a show last spring. We painted it two summers ago but it hadn't been mounted on a cub since the 60s...the subframe is slightly sprung and we didn't realize it until the time came to put it on the tractor. We finally got the holes to line up after using the hydro drive to force the blade into the foundation of my garage wall at an angle. I'm not looking forward to doing that again! When we removed the blade a week later we could hear the tension being released due to the bind it had. Has anyone else encountered this?

STEVE - I've used a ratchet strap to pull my frt blade back into place and hold the rear arms on the rockshaft. I can either pry the blade sub frame up to line up with the holes on the mule drive, or I have jacked it up with my floor jack.

I don't use the two pieces Harry showed either. I thought I was doing good getting a 40+ yr old blade with the lift rod AND lift lever bracket.

Thanx, Harry and all the others who have sent prayers our way here in Western N.Y. After some 80 inches of snowfall in two days, and even more in other parts, we could use all the paryers sent. The all stock cub cadet 122, snow cab, and cc42 got a workout, best it could. Those Four wheel weights helped with the traction Harry. Don't know how many cubbers we have out this way but the governer called out the National Guard with over 300 pieces of snow removeal equipment to assist. Flooding has already started with temps now in the 40's expected to rise into the 60's. high winds expected, gusting to 50mph this afternoon through tonight. Mother Nature must be Angery.

Doug B: My answer to one of your questions from Sunday (was that just yesterday?).

board-post.pl

Old seat welting (the damn stuff's indestructible) works good. Sorry about the tiny pic - I've got to do some relearning.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back