• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 21, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! I forgot the freakin pic again!
32464.jpg

Yer gettin' old, Charlie!!!
lol.gif

<font size="-2">getting????</font>

SNET.NET USERS!!!

Check yourselves for viruses. One of you is sending crap out saying you're [email protected].

It's all from the same IP - 64.252.72.34 - 64-252-72-34.adsl.snet.net, whose upstream is rback3-fa2-0.mrdnct.snet.net. mrdnct. mrdn CT. mrdn Connecticut. Meriden, Connecticut! Hmmm...

Don't make us e-mail SBC...

Hello,

We are supposed to get a couple of inches of snow so my old model 70 is ready to do the job. Right on time for the holiday,

Happy Thanksgiving to all...... Howie

Happy TG to all Forum members,
I'm a newbie, just registered yesterday. I searched the FAQ,vault and forum and can't find a compatiblity chart for snowthowers. I have a 1200 and just (blindly) bought a QA36A unit on e-bay for $100 thinking the attachments look the same as for my front blade. Is it going to fit?
Thanks in advance.

Michael, yes the QA36A will fit onto your 1200. For optimal performance of that QA36A you may want to clean up any rust on the inside of the auger housing and discharge chute, give it a coat of paint then brush on a coat or two of Slip-Plate or any good quality graphite paint. Also would be a good idea to replace the old grease in the gear box on it and check the bearings for wear. At a minimum, the two bearings on the auger should be replaced as they are readily available and easy to change. Don't forget to adjust the chain tension and grease all the zerks on the drive shaft U-joints and needle bearings.

Here are photos of Wyatt's Super Steer modification. It used the axle out of an MTD Cub Cadet model 1541. Wyatt also added 5 bolt hubs. This axle is 1.5" to 2" wider then a stock narrow frame axle.

32470.jpg

32471.jpg

32472.jpg

Creeper update. Well received the new bearings and seal for the creeper yesterday and spent the evening rebuilding it. Found that the inside ring of the old bearing was froze to the creeper shaft and the outside ring was froze the the inside of the housing. Had to use a dremel to cut a seam in the rings then pry them apart to remove. Anyways got it all back together and no leaks so far! Just waiting for the new clutch driver to come in...hopefully today because we are to expect 1-3 inches of snow today, snow tonight and 1-3 inches tomorrow.

Happy TG to all and thanks for all the advice especially you Kraig.

Todd, good to hear you got the creeper back together. Good luck with the clutch.

Wheel Camber is different on the 2 GTs that pull mowing duty here. The 1250 has the camber that has been stated here. The other GT a AC 712H, really a Simplicity, has NO camber, and is a real horse to handle. Makes the 1250 feel like it has PS. The main reason that I can think of for haveing wide tires is for flotation. Which would help minimize soil compaction, which might work against traction. Maybe,If the flotation is needed the cambered tire will provide it as it sinks?

Bryan or anyone that has a Simplicity or anything without camber, how does it steer compared to Cub Cadet with camber?

Happy Thanksgiving

David P -

My Simplicity 700 has camber, but that's only cuz the wheel bushings are worn
lol.gif
Come to think of it, it's got caster, too!

Seriously, it IS a bear to turn. The steering setup is a pain in the first place, then you have these cool looking but flat-treaded narrow tires with no camber. With my later spring-trip blade (made for hydraulic lift - with manual lift? OUCH!) on pavement, it steers like crap.

As far as directional control in the snow? Heh. Turn it anyway you want, you're going STRAIGHT!

I have a 127 that I completely rebuilt a year ago.This is my first and only hydro.When I turn the key to start it ,it does not crank over like my 126 or 122.It seems like it is laboring .Did I miss somthing in the hydro linkage ?It has been this way since I rebuilt it.It was alright in the summer but I am afraid it will not start when it gets real cold.....I do love the hydro..

Every day I see something that amazes me. Today I followed a pickup with a class 3 hitch and he had a class 2 ball mount installed. Needless to say there was a little slop in the fit. I would never have thought to try that, guess your never too old to learn.
old.gif

A question from a new cub owner. The old hands will find this a stupid question but I'll ask anyway,(yes I checked the FAQ'S).

Will any wide frame acessory fit my 1200?}
If anyone could direct me to a fit chart it would be a great help.
worthy.gif

The 1200 was in a shed at a house I reciently bought and the manuals I ordered haven't come in yet. I have managed to get the tractor running enough to move it around a little. Seems to be in pretty good shape, for a 25 year old tractor. Thanks for all the good info I have already found on the site. (belt sizes, oil, filters, etc..)

If only he had an Original with an M&W...<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Man leads police on low-speed lawnmower chase

The Associated Press
Published November 23, 2005, 4:40 PM CST

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- Bad idea: fleeing from police in a stolen car. Terrible idea: fleeing in a stolen lawnmower.

But that's what police say a "happy drunk" did, a decision that landed the suspect back in prison for violating his parole.

Police say they got a tip about a stolen riding lawnmower. When they investigated, they spotted a man driving across a cornfield near Springfield.

"I happened to be driving south when the call went out, and lo and behold, off to the west there was this man bouncing through the cornfield with his ponytail flopping in the breeze," said Kurt Taraba, a police officer in the suburb of Southern View.

Sangamon County Sheriff's Deputy Jim Tapscott said authorities set up a perimeter while he and another deputy drove into the field to talk to the lawnmower driver. They identified themselves and told him to stop, but he allegedly tried to drive off.

"I thought, 'You're on a riding mower, and we're in a car,"' Tapscott said with a laugh. "He was only going four or five miles per hour, so I got out and jogged alongside him."

The driver finally stopped when police threatened to stun him with a Taser.

Police arrested Charles H. Carter, 45, and returned him to the Illinois Department of Corrections. Carter was wearing an ankle monitor because he'd been on home confinement.

The Prisoner Review Board will decide whether he goes back on parole or remains in prison to serve the rest of his two-year sentence for theft.

Deputies have been unable to determine who owns the Craftsman mower. They said Carter had a handwritten bill of sale for it, but was unable to tell them where it was purchased or provide any other details.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Back