• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom H,
Yepper I knew it went backwards, and that deck does cut. ;-p

It's amazing what ya find while your lookin for something else. The wife and I went to look at a couple sleighs today and found these settin in the barn, Hmmmm
23304.jpg

23305.jpg

OT but still cool!
How many real farmers do we have out there, grin
23306.jpg

Norm B. -

Ever see us talk about Northern Tool? They carry KT-17's and lay out the differences:

Cub Cadet
JD
Simplicity

All different shaft sizes...

Charlie - Liked the picture of the Super Snoot decal - neighbor has one on his Supper M - always wanted to see if I could fit one to my H - would help keep the garbage out of the radiator while brush hogging. Jim

I finally got the creeper installed in the 128, but haven't been able to try it yet due to my inability to find a couple of engine parts and some spirol pins. Anyway, the manual say that the creeper should be filled with the same lubricant that's in the rearend. I've determined that there's 90 weight in there, so is it o.k. to fill the creeper with that also? Or should I change them both to 30 weight as specified in the manual?

Matt G,
Do it right if yer gonna do it. Parts of any kinda can be gotten from the sponsors above, I promise you that. DUMP that crap out of the rearend!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

23308.jpg

23309.jpg

Ok,
Last one, I promise.
If your gonna work your creeper really hard, you can put 30 weight in it, BUT, being in Illinois like you are, I'd go with Hy-Tran. Just my 3 cents.
23313.jpg

Charlie-

If 90 weight is crap, why have I found it in every gear drive cub I've looked in? (At least 4)

And also, why does my 100's manual say I can use 30 weight in the rear and/or creeper? It says you can use either one in there, so why not in my 128?

Matt G,
Do what ya want, it's your tractor!
You found 90 in them cause the PO's prolly dint travel to town and buy Hy-Tran. This subject has been beat to death ever since day one, grin
Course I don't have 30 weight in anything I own, but that's just me. I figure if guys smarter than I at IH designed Hy-Tran to be used in Cubs, that was good enough for my Cubs.
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on November 20, 2004)

Norm -- I've not fooled with any green engines but I know the blue ones use a bigger shaft and larger diameter PTO which if you used the green PTO it may not line up with your mule drive due to shaft length and maybe not match the required diameter to run your deck at the desired speed. A lot to consider before dropping a buck to get it home ;)

Norm B. -

Lemme guess. Ya got an INCREDIBLE deal on a JD KT-17, so you're gonna make it work no matter what, by golly. Just as long as it's "close enough", right?
lol.gif

... with a big nuff hammer and grinder a 454 will fit in a VW ... may not hook up but it'll fit and look BADDDDD
happy.gif

Question regarding the read PTOs. Anyone ever see a granular fertilizer spreader for a cc using the PTO as a farm tractor does?
chef.gif

Lyle B. -

One more time, with feeling:

"There were no commercially available implements for the rear PTO"

Charlie,

I hope you bought that Super Snoot....good ones are hard to find and there always seems to be somebody over on RPM forum that wants one.

For those who don't know, a Super Snoot is a sheet metal box that is/was fitted to the front of tractrs running mounted pickers to 1) keep shucks/dirt/leaves off of the radiator and 2) draw cool unrestricted air for the radiator (since the center divider blocked most of the radiator opening).

Tom/Charlie,

Notice the snowblower gear box on that deck......the PTO turns backwards, but the gear box reverses it back to "frontwards"
happy.gif

Correct Bryan. Guess I worded my question wrong. Anyone every make or see a fertilizer spreader someone else "home made" using the rear PTO on a cc? Reason I ask, in this case reverse direction would not matter. I am considering undertaking this as a project. Been some good conversations here guys. Keep it up and thanks!!
chef.gif

Latest posts

Back