• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know!
This guy looks like he's havin way to much fun!
23318.jpg

I gotta get me one of those things!

Lyle B. -

Gotcha.

Haven't seen one run via the PTO, but there were a few made with electric motors that ran off the tractor's battery.

Thinking about how light broadcast spreaders usually are (even full), I'd think that you'd be able to flip it over whenever you engaged the PTO.

Well, OK, the drawbar wouldn't let it flip, but surely you'd torque it...

<font size="-2">and I won't call you Shirley again
lol.gif
</font>

Lyle - a rear from an old "throw away" lawn mower makes a good spreader too. You can run the slinger from the trans pulley and have it go at different speeds from the trans. You can even sling it in "reverse". I made one but never did get the hopper enlarged big enough but it sure covered good. With the different speeds you could get it to cover to match your ground speed.
happy.gif

This is the info on Chapter #34 I found across the street:

News Bulletin...

There will be a IH Collectors Cub Cadet Chapter # 34.

Per conversation with Bill Swope last night the National Directors had a meeting on Sunday Nov 14 to approve the Chapter but mandated a larger area...Per there suggestion will Prolly cover area East of Mississippi River and just South including KY & VA on East and everything North about 19 States.

All I can say isWOW and a Big Thanks to all that made this happen.

More details will follow as soon as official letter arrives

They do have an area where more infomation is being posted. Looks a Win-Win for IH Cub Cadet owners
thumbsup.gif

hMMM...

It's been awhile since the last post... is the forum broken?

I got the lift rod made for the 58" Super Blade on my 782 this afternoon. Drove it around in the driveway for a while (pushing the occasional passing leaf), playing with the angle cylinder, etc.........ya know, I don't think anybody at IH ever imagined just how mutch pure FUN people like us would end up having with their creations.........and I don't think there is anything more fun than using a blade in snow!!!!!!

Oh sure Rub it in Steve, just cause us poor people in Arizona only have sand to push with our blades.
hide.gif

SB -

I dunno, I think throwing snow is a helluva lot of fun, too...

Tom stopped by and gave me a hand putting the cab back on the 169 and while we were at it, we put the QA-42A on, too. Please let it snow around here this year!

I just put up a permanent link to part II of Cap'n Kirk's Killer Kohler story (as a PDF) at the top of the Pulling & Hot Rodding topic. We also redid part I as a PDF document, too.

Part I
Part II

So what implements were available for the rear pto shaft? I assume all were only availble from IH?
In the near future you will get pics of a hydro 127 with rear pto. Variable forward and reverse rotation or neutral all without a clutch.
It will turn a pto capstan winch, mini manure speader, pressure sprayer, 220v generator, post hole digger, etc.

Bryan,

Very true......but "riding the windrow" with a blade has to edge out the thrower by just a little!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Yea I have an idea for ya Kentucky Grump!
Upgrade to Adobe 6.0 instead of 1.2 and you will be able to read'um. I tried both and they workd fine on my end.

Hello everybody, It has been a while since I posted on the forum.
But I was wondering if somebody had compiled a list that shows which of the early cubs were NOT hydrostatic? Like the 3 forward gears and the one reverse. I love those Cubs as my dad has a 100 and I love it too, but he won't let me have it. If somebody could just give me a list of the model numbers that were the manual gearshift cubs I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Kevin B,
This oughta get ya started.
HP model number
7 hp = 7W W= 0-3
8 hp = 86
10 hp = 10X X= 0,2-9,and 00
12 hp = 12Y Y= 2-9, 00 and 50
14 hp = 14Z Z= 7,9,and 50
16 hp = 16A A= 9 and 50

geardrive even number 0,2,4,6,8,00
hydro odd numbers 3,5,7,9,50
This works on 10 hp to 16hp. All 7 hp and 8 hp were geardrive. This will not work for the red tractors or later

Charlie:
I think you forgot the 800, unless I didn't decipher your code properly.
Keith

SB -

I'll grant you that, although if your driveway has a crown it's just a PITA
wink.gif

Ken -

The docs require at least version 5, due to security encoded into the files.

Keith E.
I told him that would get him started, I never claimed to be Kraig,
buttrock.gif

It's a wonder that there's not more than that wrong!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back