• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dplogman

displayname
David R. Plogman
Bryan: Thanks for the part number for that pin retainer. You guys are a terrific resource for these old cubs! dave

JOHN LANG - My Friends over at the RPM site steered Me into a company called "DAKOTA DIGITAL" that makes digital gauges that I hope to incorp. into My 72 when it begins it's next life... Since it's a gear drive I don't need a transmission temp gauge but I hope to have engine oil temp, cyl. head temp, and Exh. gas temp...and a tach.

I can hear it comin!
poof.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">
wave.gif

I have a 782 that I"M going to repaint. Which paint will give the highest gloss finish? Should a hardener be adding the enamel paint?
</font></font></font>
ihrotate.gif

(Message edited by lstith on November 19, 2004)

Larry S.
Check the FAQ's for the paint type and just follow the directions on the can or from the guys you buy the paint from on what to put in it and how much.
I use this,
23278.jpg

I bought "TOASTY" that way so I have no history on the atrocities committed by the P.O.....
However it was sold new by a friend of mines dad at his dealership {Stickers on hood }so hopefully can get original paperwork from them...Not sure if this will be a donor tractor for another 122 I have...Or if I am gonna Rebuild it from the ashes and return it to it's former glory...
sad.gif

On the canopy...I have the installation manual still in wrapper and was considering opening it to see EXACTLY how it mounts{other parts not in pics} and maybe scan the instructions for someone to put in the archives {or at least send a copy to someone who can be trusted not to lose them}
Any thoughts from the masses??
uhoh.gif

As someone else sayed I'm not crazy about the tassle thing either...{although it does match my pretty yellow sundress}
I hope I did'nt just think that out loud.....
Any more input to the fate of "toasty" or the canopt is welcomed.....KURT

Pics missing from yesterdays post with the rest of the mounting parts...
23282.jpg

23283.jpg

Dennis, That info should be very interesting for you to watch!
happy.gif

Kurt R. -

Our very own Kraig is the most trustworthy person I know when it comes to sending off rare documents for scanning. Many of us (myself included) have mailed piles of paper for archiving.

Of course, if you'd like to do the scanning yourself, he has a few rules on resolution, etc, to keep the archives consistent.

Would someone mind posting pictures of the rear P.T.O. driven finishing mower made out of an Original mower deck. Thank you Tyler

Bryan....You suggestion is taken under advisment
and with the others that have e-mailed the same suggestion...I will get ahold of Kraig and it will be done....Thanks to all that e-mailed me with pictures from old adds IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED...KURT
thumbsup.gif

Larry,
I had good luck with Napa Crossfire.
Very glossy and no clear coat required. Although it is $$$$$.

Thanks alot Digger, do you know what they used for a drive shaft. Thanks alot Tyler

Tyler,
I have to apologize to ya, I forgot today was saturday, Kraig prolly won't be on here till monday, sorry bout that.

Are those rear PTO shafts very common?
What drives the shaft? Does anyone have a parts blowup diagram?
Will the PTO shaft fit on a standard hydrostatic?
Can you disengage it?
Where would I find one?

I would like to know if there is any difference between a JD 317 vs. a 682 KT17 engine? Will this engine out of a 317 drop into a 682 without any changes?

Thanks

Tyler and Charlie,
Keep in mind that the Cub Cadet PTO runs <<<<<<<backwards from conventional farm tractors>>>>>>>>. Even though it looks cool, I'm not too sure it really works/cuts.

Latest posts

Back