• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klejeune

displayname
Keith LeJeune
Kendell,

I don't want the new V/R to look like the old one.

181284.jpg

Keith:
I believe the cutout needs adjusting. It isn't dropping out at a high enough voltage as the engine spins down, so it keeps closed and then back feeds the field winding.. Do you have the adjustment instructions??

Michael, your 1450 is comfortably in it's new home. Thanks for selling me a very nice tractor. My 782 isn't so lonely in the barn anymore....

I'm embarrassed to ask this but I can't find this info anywhere. I didn't write down the head bolt configuration on my K301 on 126 when I tore it down. Now, I can't remember where the long bolts go. Can someone post where the long and short head bolts go?
Thanks,
Dave

If you were on a desert island without internet, you'd probably start by taking the longest bolt and putting it in the deepest hole....
clappy.gif

arent all the head bolts the same length? There are on my 124 anyway.

Kendell, Why do do that? its makes too much sense
crazy.gif

Dave S,
If I understand you correctly, I believe you will find the 3 longer bolts go thru the fuel tank mount and the back side of the head.

Hi Guys,
Any one know the paint that I can use on a green Amerind-Mackissic chipper shredder?
Thanks,
Jim

Dave Shine
You could use a wire to check the hole depth and use the bolt length needed. My .02

Jim:
Take a piece (even a chip) of the paint into a hardware or paint store that has a scanner (our local True Value has one). They can mix an enamel that matches. I'm in the process of fixing up a Craftsman lathe and managed to skin off a chip about the size of a dime for them - the paint matches perfectly, is really tough (like tractor enamel) is sprayable and can have a hardener mixed in it...

Paul:
Is the back side toward the front of the tractor?

Dave S:
I was meaning no disrespect to you - during my 40 years in IT, I spent a lot of time helping people help themselves (I ran operations of a large computer network before the Internet, we were charged among other things with end user support). I always found it more profitable in the long run to help people find the answers themselves rather than give them an answer that might NOT be totally correct in their situation. Hope you find the right combination... I would put the head and all accessories on and drop the bolts into what you think are the correct holes without turning them and look at the height - if one is sticking up way above the others, chance are that it's in the wrong bolt hole...

All,
Sorry about the question about the head bolts. I was using my phone to post the question at a social function trying to not be caught by my wife.
The bolt lenght refers to the part that sticks up to hold the baffles, etc. They are all the same as far as how deep they reach. I did sort of piece the parts together to get an idea but I wanted to make sure.
Paul B. - Yes, I figured out the gas tank configuration. Do you think that the other three are to the other side?
Has anyone seen a photo or diagram of the head bolt configuration that shows which ones are the double threaded bolts that stick up just to make sure I've figured it out?

"I was using my phone to post the question at a social function trying to not be caught by my wife..."

LOL!
roflol.gif

That's funny!

Dave, perhaps this photo of the K301 for my Cub Cadet 125 will help.

181298.jpg

Under edit: The other 2 or 3 long bolts, depending on which version head your Kohler has, are for mounting the heat shield. Photo to follow shortly...

This version head has three mounting bolts for the heat shield, yeah it's rusty:

181300.jpg

This version head uses only two mounting bolts for the heat shield:

181301.jpg

Kraig,
Thanks for the pics.
(Written on my phone now at a boring gene therapy conference. Trying to look like I'm taking notes.)

What ever became of my anti-rattle springs for my front pto? was it Kraig M or Kendell I who told me they had some they would give me?

Dave, I've heard of stone washed and pre streched, they got thier own counselors now too?

Josh, that was me. Back on Oct. 30th, at 8:18 am I posted that if you wanted them to send me an email with your mailing address. I put them back into my tool chest as I never heard back from you if you really wanted them or not. If you want them, send me an email with your mailing address and I'll send them to you.

Back