Archive through November 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shoot!
The new key switch didn't do it (I wanted the correct switch anyway). The cutout relay is still sticking until I turn the rocker switch off. While running, if I rock back and forth the rocker and then shut the key off the relay doesn't stick. At one point while I was messing with it it started charging (had a meter hooked up to the battery posts). I don't know what caused it and can't repeat it now.

Is there a short somewhere? I'm gonna swap out the solenoid tonight and see what that gets me. If that doesn't do it at least I've got a spare for when one really goes bad.

It's like whatever tells the starter to start and once it's started tells the generator to generate is not working.

Funny thing about the head bolts. When I was rebuilding the engine in the 104 they werent anything like the ones in my 106. I had always figured they were the same on all the 10hp's but over the course of a few years improvements had been made to how the heat shield bolted on. It's easier to get to some things on the 106 without having to re-torque the head down like I have to do on the 104, when I have to take the heat shield off. Just my .02

Keith:
Well let's see... there's the regulator and then there's the - regulator. I would strongly suspect it needs adjusting (both parts of it). Do you have access to the Delco document that tells how to adjust both the cutout and charging segment??
Check your posted e-mail account for a hint...
thumbsup.gif

Hay guys I have a odd question. I need to no where the factory location for the wire holders are? I think there are 3 or 4 of them and one is under the dash. ( they are the ones that hold the harness. p.s 122
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike, you didn't specify the model Cub Cadet but your profile states that you have a 125, so I went with that. Here's where the main wire harness clips are.

181303.jpg

Looks like you updated your post to indicate a model 122...?

181305.jpg

This might also help, it's from the 1x2/3 Operator's Manual.

181307.jpg

Kraig and Josh, since the topic of anti rattle springs came up again.....and I asked you how necessary they are a few weeks ago...I did try to put them in and they went right in the first time with no problems. But then again, I rebuilt my engine and kept the balance gears...I like OEM. Just my .02. Nick

Jeff H.,
Been away from this side of the forum. The original emails didn't go through, but did get the ones last noc.
Later.

I finally get a new seat and I'm not even the first one to sit on it.
181318.jpg

Kraig, Dave S,
To help eliminate some confusion, the long "bolts" with the nuts on them, such as those that are securing the heat shield over the muffler in Kraig's pictures, are studs, and not bolts. There is a difference. That is why I began my answer to Dave with "If I understand you correctly...." because on some heads there are longer bolts that go thru the gas tank mount and then the head, and longer studs that go thru the head and use two nuts, one to secure the head and one to secure the heat shield. Either will screw into any of the threaded hole's used to secure the head to the block, but they are not interchangable as far as their intended function goes.

Kendell,
Most Cub Cadet gas tanks I am aware of that have the tank mount bolted to the engine, are bolted to the back of the engine as the engine is mounted in/on the tractor. If you want to mount yours on the front of the tractor, do so, it's your tractor.

Nick Hasson
Not a cub engine here with the balance gears in them because I believe they are the first thing to go south. I see you missing a few pieces on that cub you have there.Nice job you did on the restore. You might want to put and add in the wanted section for the 2 missing pieces. Later Don T
old.gif

Paul:
Nope, I'm happy with stock location, just askin' - since a small engine setting on the bench will typically be considered as having the front facing you with the flywheel towards you.
worthy.gif

Nick H, they are not really necessary. About 98% of tractors you find wont have them. I want them because the pto gets rather annoying sometimes.

Josh O The Sun is shining
Shift.gif
,gots to get some outside projects done, since I've been under the weather for better part of a week. Maybe hookup with aerator, Easy Vac, & #4 IH cart... then Do the final roof walk-clean out eaves!

timothy teague, I got it from a popular auction site.
Allen Schumacher, I'm hip. And he (Jack) is still crazy enough to try something like that.

It's taken me about a year to get this. I sorta wanted to spend my $$ on getting it working good. I guess now I'll have to paint it.
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back