• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 18, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be at a SE MN plowday for sure, but I agree that it would be best to have it further south.

Count me in for a Minnesota "play" Plow Day. Spring Valley is close enough where I might bring the whole fleet!!

Hmmmm. Plow Day in Minnesota... Well, my wife is really wanting to go back to Wisconsin after the new baby is born. If teh dates would coincide, I might be able to make it.

Bryan, what's up with the word t-r-a-v-e-l? It creates a link to some page.... I just tried it and it happened again. Except it made this message like 10.4 kilobytes.

Also, you showed some pics awhile of a potential Cub and you also said that the guy who gave you those pics has some pics of the Cub Cadet that was made from a Farmall Cub. By chance, is the guy going to let us see what it looks like?

PD in MN ? What date? How soon will the snow be gone, Charlie!
happy.gif
Seriously, the later dates really suck for me, since we really get busy by the weekend of April 24th or so! I'm in the seed and chemiical business and you're getting into my one busy season of the year!
happy.gif
Thank goodness! If I were holding PD, I'd have it very early in April, or late March, so the Farmer/land owner could go ahead and plant corn when he wanted to (like mid-april). But, if you can put one together I'll make every effort to make it with a bunch of tractors, You're just up the road from me!
happy.gif

Hey, I just had an idea! How about a spring PD in the way down South? We could all get a taste of spring EARLY!
happy.gif

Jeff R. -

Travel? I don't see anything wrong with the word travel. Perhaps you have a little visitor on your computer...

What's the diameter differnce between a 982 steering wheel and that of a normal Cub Cadet steering wheel. And can the 982 steering wheel be retrofitted to a 100 and still have clearance to open the hood???

Wyatt -

Define "normal".

The 982 steering wheel is the same as the later Quiet Line steering wheel.

I show about 12.75" on the QL wheel and about 13" for a 100 steering wheel.

Bryan-
The 982 steering wheel should be the same as something like a 184 Lo-Boy if I remember correctly. As far as "normal" I'd be referring to the stock steering wheel on a 100.

i.e. could the larger wheel be swapped and still open the hood?

Wyatt -

Don't know if it fits a 184, but the book shows the 982 wheel as a 731-3000, which is the same for the later QL.

Love to check clearance for you, but I'm not heading out to the shed now - just happen to have an old wheel of each type in the garage.
wink.gif

Shame, if you were still in WI I'd drop off the QL wheel on my way to Beaver Dam on Friday night...

hey does any body know the ebayer whos goes bye the name cubcadet149. would not recommed buying from this guy.this guy ships product with gas in it.also he ships slow took to months and a hole lot of emails without any answers.told him police where to be informed.then shiped but with half tank of gas this guy mess up

Hi boys. Does anyone have a diagram of a plow lift rod on an 82 series hooked to the whole setup? I need to look at the plow end and the end that connects to the add-on bracket that hangs below the floorboard by the rockshaft . Gracias!
Also,did someone from the forum recently buy a Jiffy front sickle mower up in WI? Someone from McHenry,IL? Anyone? Bueller?

Wyatt, I have dobts that the hood on a narrow frame will clear a 982 sterring wheel.

Charlie, only a two-stage blower ;-)

Man, A guy spends the day working on gas regulators out in the field and comes back to a forum full of indecisive plow day stuff.......

A couple things I know for certain.....

1) We still have some time to figure this thing out, but when and where will need to be decided before Christmas for 99% of people to make tenative plans.

2) Fall 2004 event (PD#8) will be at Big Steve's in Central IL, hosted by the Blunier family, with assistance from the usual crowd.

Now.....a couple of personal opinions.....

1) A willing host with property in southern WI, northern IL, or even northern IN should be given 1st consideration for the next event. We need to make sure we try and pick up some more of the eastern crowd after our "northwest" event this fall.

2) Potential hosts who are currently developing plow day plans need to communicate with eachother. Nobody likes getting "shut-out", "stepped on", or ignored, even if it is innocent or unintended. A informed/discussed decision always works out for the best.

Latest posts

Back