• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if a Johnson Workhorse #14 loader will fit a 149 without much fabricating? The loader came off a Wheel Horse GT-14.

Thanks,

Jim

Need a bit of advice on getting my new old CW-36 Snowthrower up and running. And had a couple of questions.
1. I need a belt for this thing and have no reference in the manual that Craig graciously emailed to me. Something I can get at NAPA?
2. The little spring steel shear pin hold down clip has broken, and the pin is kinda hacked up too. Where could I get these?
3. The manual says to add oil to the little gearbox, but all I see is a small drain hole on the side, down low. Doesn’t look like I can get much oil to stay in there. Does it fill here like a rear differential on my ‘66 MG, just up until it dribbles out?

Thanks for your advice on this contraption, just don’t let it start snowing yet!! Dave

Jim M,
Depends on what ya mean by "without much fabricating?". It can be done but the loader setup for a Wheel Horse is quite a bit different than a Cub. If memory serves me right here, the WH setup attachs with long brackets to the very rear of the tractor, where the Cub mount is about mid-tractor. Can it be done? YES!

(Message edited by cproctor on November 18, 2004)

Digger,

On the paint, I take it is not a rattle can you used. You sure laid it down nice, I plan on using a gun. Is the paint just a acrylic enamel or two part (base coat, clear coat?

David P.,

1.) The part number for the belt for a CW-36 snowthrower is IH-487043-R1.

2.) What spring steel hold down? Can you be more specific on where this is?

3.) You should remove the cover plate and drain the old oil. I believe grease can be used inplace of the oil. My QA42 snowthrower had grease in it.

Thanks Kraig, Guess I'll see if NAPA can cross reference that belt number. The spring thing is a folded piece of metal that goes on top of (side of) the 3" (or so) gear on the side of the thrower on the front gear. It applies pressure to the head of the shear pin, keeps it from falling out. There really wasn't any oil in the gearbox, guess thats why it was rusted together. Parts breaker to the rescue! Do you think I could just pump a bunch of grease in that hole and call it good?

Paul D.
Clear coat! noper, not on anything I own, grin
Here's what use from CC Specialties, he's a sponsor ya know.
23249.jpg

23250.jpg

David P., hmmm, I thought they used a spirol pin on those like they use on the BB36. Perhaps yours has been modified. As for the gear box, if it were mine I'd remove the cover and check things out inside there and give it a good flush to remove any rust and then I'd fill it with grease and put the cover back on.

Kraig: yeah, I think I'll pump some grease in there. I think you sent me the PDF of the 36, see CW36 Snowthrower_04 pdf image, the clip is on that page. Dave

David P., I may have sent you something on the CW36 but it would have been in jpg format not PDF. I have 2 versions of the CW36 manual I didn't look in the second version. But now I see what you are looking at. I don't have my CPE-2 handy to look up the part number for that clip. Hopefully someone else does.
23253.jpg

Hi gang,
How hard is it to install a creeper gear in a 72? I see them on eBay occasionally and my tractor has the holes for the creeper controls. I'm thinking it'd be neat to have it.
Man, I must be well on my way to becoming a CC whacko. $50 for a tractor with a bad rod, $375 for a replacement motor, $65 for a 3pt hitch, considering a plow and harrow.......

Curt, it's called yellow and white fever and there is no cure, only temporary relief from occasional purchase of more yellow and white equipment. Red equipment is also known to provide temporary relief.

David P. -

Shear pin retainer, 482 665 R1, serial number 11101 and above.

I'm not sure what to think about the white frills around the canopy. Maybe you could paint flames on it or something.

What they did to toasty should be a crime!!

Hey Squirrel-

Looks like Toasty had a little fuel-control problem... tell us about it!

Groovie canopy, Man- looks like a Tijuana Taxi! Where's the bracket bolt on?

Very nice find Kurt!!!! Those things are scarce as hen's teeth, especially NIB!!!!

Latest posts

Back