• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note to self: When I retire, I need to make sure I have a set up like Don Tanner has:
1) Plenty of tractors to play with
2) A nice well-lit garage space
3) A wife who would rather see me gone-in-the-garage all day long!
biggrin.gif

Don, I don't know how you managed to aquire all THREE of those things, but it appears as though you've hit the JACK-POT.

Thanks for posting all of the pics and for letting us working-stiffs live vicarously through you!

For now I'll just keep looking at the pictures you post while saying, "Someday"!
happy.gif

Art, who are you kidding, you already have all three of those... Well the first two for sure, but I bet if you were hanging around your house all day long she'd soon shoo you off to the garage.

Guys , no complants here, MY wife is great and I can`t sit still , Tractors keep me out of trouble.lol You guys have it made (Hunt & fish & padeling , tenting) I used to know, I Have a few tractors .Life is what you have made it .
216306.jpg

Dennis F
I was not wasting this (right stuff).

216307.jpg

I have to confess, its 70 deg in here ,I`am listing to Ottis R (sitting by the dock in the bay) on my bose speakers.
old.gif

Hey Art,
I don't think retirement is all it's cracked up to be (for me anyhow). Waking up at 4:15, putting up with all the BS, I miss it!

Marlin, Matt, Digger,

I appreciate your help with this trouble. I think I may have come around to your position on the hydro/engine trouble. I am going to move away from the hydro as the problem (i know you will be pleased). I have the carb set by the manual. I am going to check the governor and then recheck the carb. I am hoping to borrow a compression gauge to ensure the engine has proper compression. Furthermore, I had the tractor out after dark the other night and I noticed something then that is masked in the day time. My Choke and throttle cables that are coming from the tower to the carb are sparking on the metal near them. The throttle cable appears to be the original and has the metal casing but the choke has the plastic shielding on it. However, where vibration and fatigue have worn through the plastic outer shell, it is touching metal to metal and sparking also. The throttle cable, which touches the side of the vertical tower support has worn a quarter of in inch grove in the tower support over the years and where it touches there and down through the "firewall" to the carb it sparks. The sparks do not appear to be high amp sparks but none the less the sparks emitted are about an inch in diameter. Any thoughts? (Tractor has new coil, condenser and shows a positive charge on the amp meter when running) It seems to me like there may be a short somewhere.

Thanks,

Chad

In keeping with my smart ass level for the day, here are a few pictures of the decals I put on my Farmall "H" that I restored/refurbished/rebuilt/redone or whatever Jim S. from why back was ranting about across the steet a few years back.
216309.jpg

216310.jpg

Chad Mize

check the ground at the starter gen to frame. I don`t think its working! clean both and then see if you have a problem. My .02

TOM - On something as old as an H, M, Super H or M, I just tell people I have NO interest about what the heck was correct from the factory, I restored my tractors to the way we used them back about 1968.

And I really like both those decals!
greenthumb.gif

I may as well post this old photo of Art and his discovery in the basement of a Wisconsin <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealership:

216328.jpg

Here's it is at Blunier's Plow day 4 in 2002.

216329.jpg

There sure was a LOT of cool stuff in that basement...

Kraig-
Those pics fit right in, thanks for posting them. I'm old just like the rest of all of the crap posted earlier today.
happy.gif

Thanks Digger
For posting my biggest critics lol. Art A and Kraig ! . was worth a look today. I`am happy and will sleep later. I have some work done on the blower.
216338.jpg

and this to
216339.jpg

Just looking to see how much fluid to add and I just might move on. But I don`t have to lol.Art A want a Cab, I might have a cozzy cab
beerchug.gif

Just hauled the old "junker" 102 to the scrap man, along with assorted brake rotors, and other scrap metal I had laying about. At 7 cents a pound, I ended up clearing $57.00. I pulled everything that could possibly be salvaged off, but with a bad tranny, an unrebuildable engine, and a front axle pin worn deep into the front crossmember, it was better to just pull usable parts off and scrap the rest.

Chad M., as Don T. noted grounding everything on a Cub appears to be a constant source of electrical problems. What may be happening to you is the ground for the regulator (among other areas) is poor, that controls the output of the generator. Poor output equals low voltage and poor spark and lugging ! ??? JMHO

Don T-
I'm posting some inspirational pics for you in the snowblower thread...
happy.gif
<font size="-2">Didn't want to stir Charlie's "off-topic" pot!</font>

Denny-
Maybe..... ;-)

216367.jpg

Latest posts

Back