• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlarsen

displayname
Jim Larsen
Wayne i milled a key down to the end of the shaft. Is their one set screw on the gen pulley ? If so i added one more 90' from the set screw in the pulley. Has never came loose yet works good .

Sometimes a guy just gets lucky lol. I put a bid on evilpay for a Cab for my tractor and had company and forgot to Check and see what had happened till after the bidding was over(1 hr).Seems the bidding went my way at $104.00 . Now ? will this fit on my tractor (1512) ? Frank C you will get some mail. Thanks Guys

sorry.gif

confused.gif
I.H. REFLECTOR-FLARE
I purchased a box yesterday at a antique store,
with I.H. REFLECTOR FLARE embossed in the front,with the reflectors in the box.
What were they used for?
rodsmith

Melody Schutz

I sure hope it does fit my tractor. I hope to keep the snow out of my face this winter. I would rather have a sims Cab , but I can make do with that one.

old.gif

Rodney Smith
Are they plastic triangles ? with a reflective strip? If so they are for safety If you break down on the side of the road. I have four here of the style I think you have. I could post pictures in the AM.

1a_scratchhead.gif

bottom.gif
DON,
I think I prodably posted in wrong place.
SEE sandbox!
rod

ALLEN - I'm curious to see TOM H's asj tray too. I have four from when I worked at FARMALL, an old BFG car tire, a BFG Radial rear tractor tire, a GY Power-Torque rear tractor tire, and a Firestone Deep Tread rear tractor tire. The glass ash trays have all lost their printing and broken but the tires are in great shape!

RODNEY S - Welcome to the forum, I posted a reply to your question in the sandbox.

DONALD - Nice score on the wind breaker. Looks in great shape! It may not be a perfect fit for your 1512 but I bet it'll keep a lot of cold air & blowing snow off you. I really should make something for my Super H, I've kinda half-way looked for one of IH's red vinyl heat-housers for years but they're pretty rare and very expensive. And anything new is even more expensive!

Dennis Frisk

I think its time I part this 107. It needs fenders and a few parts but has a great 10 k. I Think I will put this 10 k in my 125 for now untill I have time to put the 12K for the 125 back in. I just can`t let it sit outside and it will be easier to store in pieces lol.
216276.jpg

Does anyone know why this resistor(?) would be on a 129? The only thing I can think of is stepping down the voltage in order to use a 6v coil. It wasn't hooked up and was located on the flywheel cover right above the screen. It also has the proper coil now.
216280.jpg

I've decided to just do as suggested and use a longer key for the basket pulley. It shouldn't be that hard to mill for the locking collar/bearing.

Here's a shot of the steering box. The main pivot/bolt seems terribly bent but it does still steer....somewhat. The outer jam nut is barely on and if I tighten it the steering freezes. It also appears to be dry as a bone.
216281.jpg

This is turning out to be one of those "when will it end?" jobs. All I wanted is to get it running.

Wayne Shytle

The resistor you posted is there because the po used a automotive Coil and does not have the restor built into the coil.

old.gif

The snow storm on Saturday left us without phone service and thus no DSL connection to the internet. Here's a photo of the snow that I took Saturday morning. Much of it has melted, I hope the rest melts as well I was not able to get the 125 started due to a dead battery.
bash.gif

216284.jpg

The key on the Killer Kohler in my #2 125 has a stepped key like Matt G. described. The crank is perfect and didn't need the key like that but it has it anyway. I have another K301 that has a damaged key slot that I will be making a stepped key for it.

216285.jpg

I have 2 questions, first what is the best chemical paint stripper to use. second are these wind breakers still availble through IH I did the electrolysis with the arm and hammer stuff but it will take me years to strip all the paint and rust off the small parts.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Snow wow so early ! I`am working at the 107 removing the 10K for 125 dutys and soon at my 450 snow blower. I have the seals and now have to put it back together . I do hope to try it out soon but it will be next month till we get snow here. we have not had freezing weather yet. Had about three mornings with a frost on the car but thats it.I hope I get my new Cab installed before we get snow , and I just might lol.I`am all excited to get the blower in some snow and see if it will work great for me.the 107 has lost the engine and I will dismantle the rest today or work on the blower. Charlie is sending me a idler pully for it. Later Don T

216290.jpg

My wife's camera sux. I'll take my old P.O.S. Fred Flintstone camera anytime!
216295.jpg

216296.jpg

Over on the Classified section there is some conversation about Unicorn Log spliter safty. I'll bring that conversation over here. SAFTEY = USING YOUR HEAD!! Kinda' like not sticking a knive in a light socket. Here's a sign to post on you spliter if inclined.
216298.jpg

Or to be more "Firm"
216299.jpg

Latest posts

Back