• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Denny, years ago I had always heard that placing a battery on concrete would ruin the battery lately I hear that it's not true, but I still put a short 2x6 under them. I'm too cheap to experiment.
happy.gif

Bryan, My bad on the resolution. It was late and I didn't think to check the size. Didn't know it would cause the text to scroll also.
But hey, a guy deserves to be cut a little slack on his first post right?

Shane, we're a forgiving group here, we also like to joke around with each other so a sense of humor is a good thing to have. Note the
wink.gif
in Bryan's post.
happy.gif

Shane,
Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

But cut anyone slack on here, I'm thinkin not! Warm and fuzzy isn't an option ya know.
biggrin.gif

Just kiddin with ya.
44384.gif

Digger: Ohhh, I get it - putters not puters. But, there are many days I wouldn't mind knocking my 'puter into the cow manure.

Dennis: My camper has a propane leak detector that sucks up 1.4 amps and will kill my deep cycle battery faster than you would believe. I have a solar charger on it to keep it topped off.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll give this photo thing another shot. Here is something I've been putting together to carry things around on my cub. It's not quite done yet, but getting close. I started it so I can use a 4-wheeler sprayer without pulling it around, but it comes in handy for all sorts of things. You should have seen the neighbors gawking at my 4 month old in the car seat helping mow the lawn. (Sorry Kraig, I didn't think to take a shot of that one)
~Shane

44387.jpg

Shane, nice tires! How about a photo of that from the back so that it shows the brackets that you made? Please?
happy.gif

Did you have hearing protection on your 4 month old?

KRAIG - In the "Old Days" batteries had hard rubber cases. New batteries are all plastic cased now. Plus the low maintenance batteries now You don't have to add water to every month or two....I did save the old battery out of My '87 F-150 when I replaced it 12 yrs ago. I had to buy a new CC battery last spring and that old battery was worth $14 towards a new one at Farm & Fleet. Back in '94 it was worth maybe $3. Even the old L&G battery was worth $7, the last one I bought I felt lucky when F&F didn't CHARGE Me to get rid of it!
I can't wait until new cars come out with 42V electrical systems that have been rumored! "More POWER!"

Kraig: The rack just hooks onto the sleeve hitch so it's easy to remove when needed. I'll try and post a couple of close ups if you promise not to make fun of my welds.
shhh.gif

As for hearing protection, all I could come up with was some cotton balls and her headband. Ear plugs just don't fit in ears that small. Any suggestions are welcome.

~Shane

Shane, I'd be the last guy here to make fun of anyone's welds I don't weld. The best suggestion I can come up with would be to leave your daughter inside your home when you are mowing. IMO, kids and lawn mowing don't mix well.

is it safe to put case ih hytran sythetic fluid transmision/ hydralic fluid a 1966 cub 122
thanks thad

Kraig,
I think the pictures are too small.
coffee.gif

44390.jpg

Craig,
(Off topic) Your LP detector shouldn't be using that much juice. Your drain is most likely caused by the refrigerator. There is a heater designed to keep moister off of the door. The switch is on the refrigerators door jamb.

Terry: That's what I thought, too, but it's the dang LP detector. When I turn it off, the drain drops to zero.

Shane,
When my boys were small, I put a pair of ear muffs on them when we went to the circle-track races or was monkeying around loud machines; such as the Cub, the chainsaw or the power generator. You can buy adjustable head-band hearing-protection ear muffs from Sears, TSC or most any industrial supply store for just a few bucks. They'll fit over their small ears and it's easier for you to ensure that they still have them on.... Of course, you know that the best way is encourage them to wear them, is for YOU to be wearing some too!

Good Luck!
RW
beerchug.gif

Shane P.,Welcome,great bunch of guys here at the forum.Sense of humor is an option on this forum,but you get what you give!Great idea on the rack,I had the same idea for a seed spreader[ATV style],but didn't think of the 4 wheeler rack.Send pics if you can!Thanks,Bob.
beerchug.gif

Thad,

Before I put that in my cub do I need to know what's in my cub now or will be compatible with most anything that is in there.

As for the hearing protection, I find the little squishy ones to be best. You roll them down about the diameter of a Q-tip and put them in your ear. They slowly open back up and fill you ear canal blocking most sound. Don't remember the decible reduction but it compares to the more common set of headphone types.

Latest posts

Back