• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric N,

Are you sure that your 26" lift rod is too short to use? I know that a 1" shorter rod would pick my snow thrower a little higher off the ground, but if the thrower was still sitting on the ground when the front tires were sitting on a 2x as Charlie suggested, it would still work just fine...

BTW, when I have the QA-42A lifted all the way up with its 27" rod, I can't rotate the chute or I'll chew up the right front corner of the tractor (more) with the stamped "universal joint" of the chute control rod.

I also have to angle the chute down or to the side when I open the hood or else the front of the hood hits the chute when it tilts down. I can't remember if that happens only when the thrower is lifted or all the time. There is a chip in the paint to remind me though.

Mike

My last post go lost, I think so here we go again.

Roland, Before I put Hytran-Ultra in my cub do I need to know what is in my cub already or is the Hytran compatible with whatever fluid is in there already?

Chuck J.
Roland must be in bed already.

The best thing to do would be to drain what ever is in there now and replace it with Hytran. That way there's no doubt.
While your at it, replace the filter too.

Ok, here are some more photos of my rack. I am going to cut the hitch off and fab up something a little more level with the rack and with a draw pin hole behind the ball. It goes on and off with a quick pull of the sleeve hitch pin. I've had a couple hundred pounds on it without any trouble and put it together mainly to carry a 25 gallon sprayer with boom. If I need more wieght on the back I may also add a bar for holding suitcase weights. Rack was from the junk yard so I've got maybe $10.00 into it.

44403.jpg

44404.jpg

44405.jpg

44406.jpg

Oh, and yes it needs a coat of the right color of paint (If I use yellow anyway). I just used what was laying around to get some ideas and to keep the rust off.

Thad B & Chuck J:

44409.jpg

The previous post with the gallon jug of HyTran would be the correct fluid.

thumbsup.gif

Shane what a good idea. I've got an old rack like that from a Honda 3-wheeler and have been wondering what to do with it. Thanks for the pictures.

Called my local electric shop for rebuild info for the s/g. They told me $150 for a rebuild job on mine and $175 for a brand new one. Does this sound right?
dunno.gif

Hi, Y'all...... I have been away for a while, and haven't posted much, but I have been trying to read, and keep up with all the postings.

I am trying to get information on a Cub 122 model hitch. I have the sleeve hitch installed, but I have a 3-point tiller that I would like to mount on it, and was wondering if there was an adapter for the sleeve hitch?

Shane, thanks for the additional photos, nice setup. I like the custom "149 International Cub Cadet" and pin stripe on the back of your 149.
happy.gif

Randy, do you have the tiller gear box and lower mount setup that should have come with the tiller?

44416.jpg

Randy, here's another photo, the tiller attaches to this. However I believe the drawbar has to be removed for the tiller to mount.

44418.jpg

Wow, that was fast.... I guess I wasn't very clear. I don't have a Cub tiller. This is a 3-point tiller with it's own engine. It has what I call a 'Standard' 3-point hitch setup. The single sideways pin at the top, and a pin on either side at the bottom, like a farm impliment would have. I'm not at home right now, or I'd run out and snap a pic. Sorry for the confusion.

BryanJ:
1) Delco-Remy hasn't made new S/Gs in decades. No such thing as a new one...its a rebuild & he's charging you for the core.
2) The "new" rebuilt price sounds about right but the price for rebuilding yours is much higher that I get them done for where I am. $60-90.00 depending on parts needed is what I'm paying....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

BRIAN - I'd check the yellow pages for another shop. Only time I had a CC S/G rebuilt was in about 1981...new brushes, bearings, cleaned & tested for $35 including parts. The bearings are normally O-K so brushes & polishing the commutator and testing should be around $50 now.

Randy in that case it won't fit a 122 without a custom fabrication of a cat-0 3 point hitch. The rear hitch that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> offered for a 122 is <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>'s own design that they called a 3 point hitch and there were only a few implements that hitch directly to it, most require a sleeve hitch adapter to mount to it. If you can find a self powered sleeve hitch tiller all you'll need is the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 3 point hitch. Hope this makes sense.

Randy, you must have a tiller similar to this Cub Cadet one.

44422.jpg

One like this Sears tiller would work better on a 122. The best choice would be like I posted earlier.

44423.jpg

Kraig,
Yes, it does make sense. I'm not a fabricator, but I could see what I could scrap together.

I am kind of curious as to why I don't see any Cub attachments available anywhere but the notheastern US.

Randy, because those of us in the midwest rarely part with the attachments we have.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back