• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
216103.jpg

216113.jpg

This is in OxBow, Maine, where I started out. I can't help but wonder how long it took before his parents were informed.

Norm B.
We have ours out everyday!
But some days we add a few more for good measure.
One for each state and the rest for guys in my unit that didn't make it home from Nam and other hell holes over the years. For a total of 78.
216115.jpg

Hope everyone has a wonderful Veterans Day and remembers why it is.

Dennis-

Funny you should mention the hood hinge. Here's what I'm dealing with...eventually.
216118.jpg

I'm sure we've both seen worse. I just realized this 129 has the lower dipstick. I guess I'll get a couple more gears for the collection.

Michael S.-

It won't steer as hard when you're driving in the snow. If you put the narrow tires on, you will probably not be able to steer as well unless you have tri-ribs. The condition of the steering box makes a pretty big difference, too. Front-mounted attachments tend to amplify steering difficulties.

Wayne-

The first (of 3) 128s I had had a hood hinge that looked like that. I took it off, straightened it in a vice with a BFH, and then my dad gas-welded the cracks, and it was just fine after that. That could get you by until you decide to buy a new hinge.

Got a question. Is the rockshaft lift assy the same from an 1811 to a 782?

Norm-

In a word, yes. The IH-built 782s had a different design for the lift arms, and CCC changed it, but they are interchangeable and work the same. The IH one is MUCH easier to disassemble than the CCC version.

coffee.gif

Received clips today to mount the wires and cables into the 149... these are clips used to fasten amored cable to metal studs... The factory system won't effectively hold 2 large battery cables, plus a 12 conductor control cable for the rewire job... the 3 point hitch arm is real close... I will move cables to the port side on the bottom...
thumbsup.gif

216121.jpg

I have a cub cadet that I purchased but I can't find a serial # anywhere I was told it was a 1962 it has a original 7hrp motorbut has a eight horse now and it has a pto on the back can not find any #

Thanks Matt

I want to convert my 682 to a 782 and I'm gathering the necessary parts. Is it difficult removing the rockshaft from the 682, or installing the new one? Is there any other problems/difficulties I should know about?

Norm

U.S.Flag is flying in my profile pic. Happy Veterans Day fellow vets. U.S. Army Draftee '71-'72 547th Engineer Battalion, E-4,62K20

Jeff Heaberlin

Welcome to IH Cub Cadet Form. The best form on the net.
groupwave.gif

Frank A C
Sent this Flag over here about three years ago and I put it up on my shop wall. I have a Canadian Flag flying every day.

216128.jpg

216129.jpg

I`am slow but I do geterdone lol.
old.gif

its been a long time since i last posted, so i guess i will post today. the cubs have all been working fine, and that bothers me...i havnt gotten to work on them at all lol. i got myself a winter cub project to get rid of that bother. i got myelf a running 161 to drop in my model 72 to make it correct, only problem is the color is wrong..not for long. and better yet it is a magneto engine instead of battery coil, so i dont have to worry about the noncharging starter gen on it and the mangled wiring. this sure beats trying to find enough parts to make my k141 a running engine to put it in a tractor, but that will wait until i find another gear drive roller for cheap.

i hope you all have been having the same luck i have with service on the tractors, cheers

Being a southerner I would like to include a veteran of the south. There's an old grave site about 300 yards ne of my back yard out in the woods. It's apparently older than the civil war because of the rocks being used for head stones. There are two confederate soldiers buried there and they, along with one womans grave, are the only ones with carved stones marking their grave. Times were certainly different but a veteran is a veteran and they were fighting for a peace then as well.
216135.jpg

216136.jpg

216137.jpg

The last picture is the way most graves were marked.

THANK YOU-To all VETS everywhere!
Thanks Myron for the pic.
Mine is a little differant.
MY yoke comes straight out to a tee,with a arm on each side that looks like it should mount to the lower part of the sleeve hitch.But it won't.

Latest posts

Back